The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So one've Kel's aunts that she doesn't see very often has refused to come to the wedding reception on the grounds that she wasn't invited to the whole day.

1. Petty. As. Fuck.
  2. We're paying for this ourselves: there are sacrifices
  3. If she knew the reason we're having the wedding earlier/cheaper than we would've liked maybe she wouldn't be such a child about it.

/rant

So one've Kel's aunts that she doesn't see very often has refused to come to the wedding reception on the grounds that she wasn't invited to the whole day.

1. Petty. As. Fuck.
  2. We're paying for this ourselves: there are sacrifices
  3. If she knew the reason we're having the wedding earlier/cheaper than we would've liked maybe she wouldn't be such a child about it.

/rant

To translate: "Kel" is Pandy's wife-to-be & my sister-in-law elect.

Also, if she doesn't want to go, she's not really worth ranting about. Besides, it makes the rest of us attendees all the more special!

• 2 weeks later...

So i didn't get the job I had a horrible interview for, which is fine because I didn't want it at this point. We're they going to call me to tell me this? No. I had to go through a friend at the company to find out.

I mean, that's just hugely disrespectful. Fuck em.

It's always shocking to me, how many companies do that these days. The very least they can do is let you know.

Recently, Shana was schedule to have a 45-minute interview, however, it went so well they spoke for 90 minutes. During the interview, she was given a tour of the facility, and was told she'd hear back from them no later than the following Monday. That was a month ago, and there's still been no word. They never even replied to her e-mail inquiry.

It's just, up until now I've had good post-game chats with the staff. When I interviewed with Bristol University they looked up my test score for me and told me that I lost out because the winning applicant had in-house experiance. With the photographic company they were looking for a very exact fit and whilst they thought I could do the job they also thought I was looking for more than it could provide. With these dillweeds I get nothing.

This was also the first time I've been to a job interview that didn't go 45 minutes to an hour, and they only got around to reading my CV in the room. They didn't talk about my 8 years employment experiance at all, we went 25 minutes and 5 of that was chatting about Aaron Sorkin. The whole thing was shoddy as hell and I'm better off without it, but just a frickin Email would be nice.

Just remember, if they need to take the extra time to make your life hell to make theirs better, then their life sucks and you can make it suck more by just smiling and commenting on how great a day you're having every single time you see them.

That's true, I also just noticed I said "Day" twice in my previous post I really should check things that I type up before posting them. Perhaps I should post a vent of my entire 2013 so far, as I'm sure for someone outside of the situation, it'd be an interesting read. I just don't want to come across as someone who just constantly feels sorry for themselves.

That wasn't a slam against you saying day, it was advice on how to get on the nerves of people who try to make you feel like crap.

Sorry, I worded my post badly. I was just noticing, that after reading your post that instead of writing job, I had written day again. I really should have taken a new paragraph to differentiate the two things.

I sit down to eat my salad.

GIRL BEHIND ME: What'cha eatin'?

ME: Salad.

GIRL: Ooh, that sounds good. It might help me out.

ME: Okay.

GIRL: I could use some roughage.

ME: Sounds good.

GIRL: Cuz I need some.

ME: Got it.

(Pause.)

GIRL: Things are a little -

ME: I get it. Go get some salad.

(Another pause.)

GIRL: I'm having trouble pooping, is the thing -

ME: SALAD IS GOOD SALAD