The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding an eBay auction of mine, some guys shoots me an e-mail asking:

If the Ms. Marvel collection doesn't sell, I would be happy to give you $30.00 for the first four volumes. (I don't need the Essential book.)

Wanting to sell the books, and, more importantly, wanting the money, I wrote back:

I've changed the auction type to "Buy It Now or Best Offer." If you place an offer of $30, it will automatically accept the offer, making you the winner. I will then ship the four current volumes, and, as you noted you didn't need the Essential, I'll hold onto that.

So what does he do? Instead of entering the agreed-upon $30, he goes to eBay and makes an offer of $25. :rolleyes:

They're fixing my hotwater tank right now. I want to have a shower. Yesterday was a long day and I smell. However, the fact that they've been working on it for an hour (there's two of them!) makes me think this might cost a bit more than I expected.

In the past hour, there has been two tool kits, a shop vac and a trip into town for another part.

EDIT: Just told me it's a regulator...that they have to get the boss to order. Fixed in a couple days, maybe a day (with a facial expression that said maybe not in a day).

KHAAAAAAAANNN!!!

Anyone else find this insane:

Schools begin 'lock-in lunches'

School meals

The pilot scheme could be rolled out to other schools if successful

Up to 1,000 pupils in Glasgow are to be kept in school at lunchtime in a bid to promote healthy eating.

The city council is starting a trial scheme involving first year pupils at eight secondary schools.

Pupils will have to bring their own packed lunch, buy food from the canteen or go home with a parent or guardian.

If the scheme is deemed a success when it ends in 2010 it could be rolled out to more schools across the city and involve other year groups.

St Paul's High, Castlemilk High, Govan High, Whitehill Secondary, St Mungo's Academy, All Saints Secondary, Lochend Community High and St Thomas Aquinas Secondary are all involved in the trial.

Glasgow City Council said that many of its schools had at least 20 fast food shops within a half mile radius of their gates.

It hopes the pilot will have a positive influence on children's and parents' dietary habits.

When I was at school, the canteen was terrible, and this is just fucking stupid. How many parents are going to come for their 12-13 year old kids, take them home for lunch, then drop them back off in a fifty minute timeframe.

Got up at 4:30 am to drive the 180 miles north to Manchester. Got there, dropped off some parts our site team needed and was then told I was needed back in the office this afternoon. I was there maybe 30 minutes. Am now back in the office and absolutely knackered, with a laundry list of jobs to do.

Anyone else find this insane:

Schools begin 'lock-in lunches'

School meals

The pilot scheme could be rolled out to other schools if successful

Up to 1,000 pupils in Glasgow are to be kept in school at lunchtime in a bid to promote healthy eating.

The city council is starting a trial scheme involving first year pupils at eight secondary schools.

Pupils will have to bring their own packed lunch, buy food from the canteen or go home with a parent or guardian.

If the scheme is deemed a success when it ends in 2010 it could be rolled out to more schools across the city and involve other year groups.

St Paul's High, Castlemilk High, Govan High, Whitehill Secondary, St Mungo's Academy, All Saints Secondary, Lochend Community High and St Thomas Aquinas Secondary are all involved in the trial.

Glasgow City Council said that many of its schools had at least 20 fast food shops within a half mile radius of their gates.

It hopes the pilot will have a positive influence on children's and parents' dietary habits.

When I was at school, the canteen was terrible, and this is just fucking stupid. How many parents are going to come for their 12-13 year old kids, take them home for lunch, then drop them back off in a fifty minute timeframe.

Having taught at Lochend Community High, I wouldn't want to be locked inside the school with any of the students, let alone an entire year of kids...

6 days? Ava what part of Cali do you live in? Down in SD we dont start 'till the 8th.

I'm in the Bay Area, near SF. And that is so unfair. I want us to start on the 8th! Two more weeks of summer!

Still, my brother, who's in college, doesn't start until almost October, so he's going to be watching TV and laughing at me every time I come home from school for the next month.

My Misery Special Edition DVD has got a trailer on it, would be fine if the box didn't advertise that it had:

Directors Commentary.

Writers Commentary.

Misery loves company documentary.

Misery Musical tour.

Photo gallery

Theatrical trailer(Which is on the disc)

Teaser trailer.

I'm taking this DVD back, I better get a refund or giftcard to the price.

Edit: I mean that the features are not on the DVD.

I've got a short buzzcut haircut, and people tell me all the time I have a mohawk. Mohawks are all the rage right now with kids and I've even seen adults sporting them. I'm constantly having to explain to these morons that it's all the same length, and because they are shorter than me they can see my scalp on the sides but not the top. Then I explain what a real mohawk is and tell them it's like what Mr. T has. Of course nobody under 30 knows who he is.

I pity the next fool that comes up to me and says I have a mohawk.

Mention the Roadwarriors, if they don't know the T, then they have no place to be.

Also, anyone who confuses a buzzcut for a skinhead is an idiot.

I partied with some skinheads when I was a teenager in Denver. They scared the shit out of me. They wanted to jump a person with a pipe, and talked about the Alan Berg murder like they were involved. They were the white t-shirt, suspenders, and combat boots type of skinheads.