The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Stunningly enough, between the hours of 7:30 and 8:30 in the morning, people are, in fact, trying to SLEEP

If you want to sleep late, Wisconsin is the last state you'd want to be in. Too much farming heritage.

Bullshit. I grew up on a farm and I sleep more than most people.

Yes, but you made earmuffs out of the tears of children.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mike, just put it a lot of applications at retail places because they're all going to be hiring for the Christmas rush. The bonus is getting the discount also. I know that most Barnes and Noble still do the paper application. If you have any retail experience, they're also rather willing to hire. Even better if you have good availability.

So, was looking at pics of my room before it was pulled apart for new floors to be put in, and I realise, I like it the way I had the place before, as now, it just looks like a room with boxes, and feels so empty.

Been back at my old course which I left to study journalism, so I'm back, and it feels like hard work, when I'm in the classroom, but when I'm away from it, it doesn't feel so bad.

I know I want to get a degree in filmaking, and I need to do the work right now to get there, I also need to save to move out of my mums house, but saving for tuition fees and a place to live, on next to no income with no excess money to help along the way, is quite annoying. I also know that anything I want to achieve now, I am on my own, I need to do the work by myself, for myself, I cannot ask friends for help as they are no longer working alongside me, and friends have their own things to deal with, and I do not want to be the guy who burdens their problems on everyone else, if I can get myself into this, I sure as hell am going to try and get myself out of it.

I just need to keep my eyes on my goal, and for the first time in my life, just sit down, shut up and get the work done, and know that by doing that, I will be better off in the long term.

Oh, and I have to go jean shopping which is fun, especially when you can't find a size that fits.

I have so much work to do tomorrow that it's screwing my Saturday night.

I have to be up for 9AM tomorrow in order to get downtown to the Canadian Kickboxing & Muay Thai Centre to do the first interview of my major assignment project for Broadcast Journalism (A profile on MMA fighter Joe Doerksen).

When I get back from that I have to do a major assignment for Journalism class. It's a group assignment, on top of my end I agreed to make a powerpoint as a part of the presentation. The worst part of that is because it's the first chapter (10 pages) of a VERY boring book about a Manitoba provincial political event in 1988.

On top of that, I still haven't gotten the work from my partners yet to help make the powerpoint, and I still have to actually draw up the interview for Doerksen.

So my night appears to be watching anime with James, writing my interview and going to bed early. Yay.

I haven't had an anxiety attack in two weeks... until now. And this one, oh yeah, this is so bad I'm on the verge of passing out. The only thing keeping my face from hitting the floor is me trying to occupy myself, but that feels like a losing battle.

Apparently the internet is advancing faster than Firefox can keep up with it. I have now been forced to use Safari. >_<

(it's kinda nice, though)

Firefox has become buggy and slow. The only reason I haven't switched to Chrome is the add-ons.

Firefox has really started to suck ass.

Anyway, I feel really worried about tuition fees for the next year, or if I even get into the course I want to do next year.

Kids, I've just learned a very important lesson: Never live with a couple, especially one you think might be on the verge of collapse. You will not get any sleep and have to comfort one of them sooner than later. Glad I made brownies earlier.

I concur with this statement. Wise advice, sir.

Meh, I've lived with a couple for about 6 years now but I suppose its different if they are very stable.

Choclate chunk brownies.

If it doesn't work out with them as roomates, and you want to live in the fun* Glasgow, you know where to find me.

*Fun will only be provided to those who can find their own and be able to drink out of a toilet while singing

Anyway, I lost 6pounds somewhere between getting change and going on my train just now, fuck.

Anyway, I lost 6pounds somewhere between getting change and going on my train just now, fuck.

Wow. Did you have to jog a really long ways to get to the station or did you take laxatives?

On the Firefox thing, it devolved on my work laptop to a useless icon on my desktop. On the bright side, Google Chrome is a dream.

On the even brighter side, Firefox works without a hitch on my Mac (Apple FTW!)

I fucking HATE heartburn. Especially when there's no reason for me to be having it. This morning, I ate two biscuits with strawberry jelly and a big cup of sweet iced tea. WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THIS GODDAMNED HEARTBURN??? I often wonder what my stomach looks likes, and at this point, I'm willing to bet it looks like the stomach of a chronic drunk with how often I have acid reflux-like symptoms.