The minor annoyances thread

Missy

The words "mind your own business fucktard" come in handy. You can use them, I don't mind.

If your teacher gives you guff about it just say "(insert annoying kid's name here) keeps trying to tell me that he isn't wearing any underwear." That'll shut him up and make it damn near impossible for your teacher to follow it up with anything but laughter.

I say this as a teacher but I used it as a student. Classic.

The words that I said were more akin to "Shut up faggot.". Also this was a teacher that will join you in thats what she said jokes, so I think he wouldn't mind.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That works too.

Hey, I have a teached question for you. We were assigned a new paper project in advanced history, and had three weeks to write it, edit and print it. I arranged ahead of time to have it printed on the last day at 430, so any one could send me last minute articles. This was also mainly for my 2nd partner, M. Through out the weeks before it was due, I continually asked for his articles, but only received 2 out of nine. Even after talking to him before it was printed, saying "SEND ME YOUR CRAP NOW". He said OK and logged off aim. Never heard from him again, that is until i was at Kinko's getting it printed. Because of a lack of articles we received a 56/100. My other partner and I think this is unfair to a degree, because we did our work. I want to talk about this with the teacher, to see if we can argue back points. Would you recommend this, and if so, what would recommend saying?

The words that I said were more akin to "Shut up faggot.". Also this was a teacher that will join you in thats what she said jokes, so I think he wouldn't mind.

Shame on you, Douglas, lumping the entire gay community in with that asshole.

(GET IT? "ASSHOLE"? GAY? HA!)

But seriously. Divorce sucks. Hang in there.

Shame on you, Douglas, lumping the entire gay community in with that asshole.

(GET IT? "ASSHOLE"? GAY? HA!)

But seriously. Divorce sucks. Hang in there.

fry-see-what-you-did-there.jpg

It depends on what your relationship with Freeloader X is. If it's your friend, you might want to take it lying down and just don't team up with him again. If he asks why he can't be in your group, say "I like you man but I think that it's better if we work in different groups." If he presses, say "I got a shitty mark because you didn't do your job."

If you don't care about this person, Go to your teacher with your other partner ASAP with all of the articles that you two completed and say that you would like him to reconsider your marks because this is what happened. One of two things will happen: 1) he'll say yes or 2) he'll say "it's a group project and working together and management is part of a group project and you guys didn't do that well."

Worth a shot

On to my pain:

I had a butal allergic reaction to my allergy shot today (two hours after the shot). I was helping a student when my speech started slurring, my body started heating up and my head got unbearably itchy. I asked seven people I worked with if they had Benadryl and three of them replied with: "I have Tylenol, will that help?"

I said, "Look at the hives on my face, do you think it'll help?"

I jogged to the Pharmacy and bought some. Popped three and fought to stay awake the rest of the day until now. Good night.

It depends on what your relationship with Freeloader X is. If it's your friend, you might want to take it lying down and just don't team up with him again. If he asks why he can't be in your group, say "I like you man but I think that it's better if we work in different groups." If he presses, say "I got a shitty mark because you didn't do your job."

If you don't care about this person, Go to your teacher with your other partner ASAP with all of the articles that you two completed and say that you would like him to reconsider your marks because this is what happened. One of two things will happen: 1) he'll say yes or 2) he'll say "it's a group project and working together and management is part of a group project and you guys didn't do that well."

Worth a shot

That why I loved one of the things my teachers did in high school. On group projects, most of the time we had to also grade each others work, basically scale how much work we did and the other members of the group did. We also had to put in any other comments. That way the teacher could alter the grades so anyone that did little to no work will get a lesser grade than the people who did most of the work. A lot of that was on the honor syster but it was also a small school so the teacher could also usually tell if someone was lying about doing the work.

I hate christmas shopping.

Just got my brothers gifts done.

The only problem is, I haven't spoke to them in months.

One I spoke to in mid October, and that was the last time I spoke to him, and I'm half sure I'll see him and his kids during christmas.

One I can't remember the last time I spoke to, didn't come up for christmas last year, ignored my text when I asked him about something last month.

So, I just spent £70 I don't have buying all these people gifts. Awesome.

So this is the meaning of christmas.

Also, I am so stressed out with college it's not funny.

This was a week at college to forget.

Monday-In from 10-5 doing classes the full time and not really knowing what I was doing in any of the classes, ware

Tuesday-Journalism assessment, write an article with supplied info. Which was annoying, either I was way over word count, or way under. I then go in for my afternoon class and get told I can leave, but I have a guidance meeting at 4 with the person providing me a UCAS reference. Not being an idiot, I decided to hang around and do work till then in the class. Go in, my personal statement is to "Writing" for what I'm applying for, not her exact words. She tells me to change it, and what I've to add, I don't mind, I want to get into a Uni. Go home, shattered, sleep for hours when I get home.

Wednesday-Overslept. Went in, did video, then did some sub editing that I found really hard and stayed behind after everyone else left to try and finish(Last class, you can leave when your done)

That doesn't seem like much, but I have to add getting my journalism done, writing up an article by next week, getting a PR project up to scratch and finishing all radio paperwork on top of that. Again, it doesn't seem like much, but I get so worried about things, it causes panic attacks, that only makes them worse.

Also, I had to leave my job early on Sunday because of a panic attack and I'm worried about being fired, cause I'm on a three week probation right now, and I really need the money right now.

I can't wait for Christmas break, so I can get caught up on the college work in my own time.

Adham & I recorded 5 hours of raw footage for episode #20 of FYEO. "Great" you may think, but there were constant recording problems which meant we didn't finish until 3:30 in the morning. I got 4 hours of sleep before having to be up for lectures this morning and I'm travelling the UK for the rest of the week, with next week being the final week of term. So I have to edit FYEO #20 down by about 2 hours with very little time in which to do so.

The kicker is that it's Die Another fucking Day.....

I am really getting tired of shit at work. This is what I have to ask/suggest to ALL customers when they buy something at my register.

- Would you like to receive ten dollars in coupons via email?

- Would you like to donate to St. Judes?

- Would you like to put that on you Sears card?

- Would you like to buy the extended warranty?

- Would you like a Sears cards?

- Would you like to sign up for a K-Mart rewards card?

- Would you like to participate in a survey about your service today?

- Would you like to learn more about Dish Network?

- Would you like a gift card?

- Would you like a gift receipt?

- Would you like to rate my service?

- Would you like a black bag?

Every fucking time. I don't ask most of those. Utterly pointless and pisses people off.

Plus, we started a new "5 Star System". Basically, if I feel that I have helped people in such a way that they are happy, I give them a card to which they have to go online and say I did a good job. This will result in me getting a star. People with no such "stars" will be placed on double secret probation. I like the idea of recognizing people for a good job, but this is stupid. Certain people have a disadvantage of working in areas that are low traffic. I am busy now, but after this month I will have very few people.

Also, and I just thought about this, I can totally just go to the website and give myself a thumbs up.

Worth a shot

I forgot to mention we discussed this with her on the due date, but she was "in" her bad personality (Bi-Polar), so she ended up yelling at us, hopefully when I have her tomorrow she will be on her good side.

Adham & I recorded 5 hours of raw footage for episode #20 of FYEO. "Great" you may think, but there were constant recording problems which meant we didn't finish until 3:30 in the morning. I got 4 hours of sleep before having to be up for lectures this morning and I'm travelling the UK for the rest of the week, with next week being the final week of term. So I have to edit FYEO #20 down by about 2 hours with very little time in which to do so.

The kicker is that it's Die Another fucking Day.....

Ouch. I'm a Madonna fan and even I don't touch that film. Still, should be fun to listen to for us and we'll love you for it. Good luck.

I can't stand people who call your phone, and their first words are "who's this"? I just had one of these calls to my cell phone. You called me, either ask for the person you called for or quit wasting my time. Our 2 minute dick measuring contest that resulted in you realizing you called the wrong number could have been avoided.

I call students who screen their calls and then get a text back saying "who is this." This ultimately leads to me putting their names at the bottom of the call list.

One time I even had a boyfriend phoning me back and yell at me for calling his girlfriend. My response: "This is her teacher. You have failed at having any kind of manners. Tell her to call me when a jerk stops screening her calls."

Right before I clocked out today, a woman and her son brought three bags full of Wal-Mart products trying to return them to our supermarket (without a receipt, of course). I took the three things we also sold (Clorox and a couple cans of Campbell's soup). One of the other soups she was trying to return was over SEVEN YEARS EXPIRED.

I mean...really? You don't think I'm going to notice the grease stains and the rust all over the can from it sitting in your pantry for nigh on to a decade? Do you think I'm fucking stupid? You cannot clean out your kitchen and bathroom full of 10-year-old shit and expect us to take it back. We aren't Wal-Mart. We don't take back anything you throw in our face--we actually have, *GASP*, a real return policy. I shouldn't have taken any of her products, but I took the ones we could resell, like the bleach. I swear, I don't know where these people come from, but I assume it's a mucus membrane from another reality.

So, K-Mart has layaway. The 4th was the day a lot of them had to be out. As such, layaway was insanely busy. But not so much so that you can lie and get double your stuff. A lady called in saying we didn't give her half her stuff. We asked what she didn't get and it was a 360 and random toys including a skate board.

I question it, ask Loss Prevention to show me the video tape, using the time on her final layaway receipt. Sure enough, there is a video of me going into my stockroom, getting a 360, walking out of the receiving doors, handing it to a woman that had a cart full of toys and a skate board on top.

After we called to tell her that we have video proof that she got her stuff, she came in and demanded to see the video. Once we refused (company policy), she called the cops. Needless to say, the cops didn't do anything about it.

Oh, yeah, the thieving motherfuckers are always fun to deal with. This dude and his wife (who were obvious trailer trash) came in to our store a few months ago with their child (who couldn't have been older than 2) and tried to steal literally almost $600 in high-end hair care products. We didn't catch them, but they were tracked down by the cops. Because the amount of attempted theft was over $500, that qualifies as a felony in Georgia. That child is going to lose her parents, but in retrospect, it's probably better that she won't be raised by them.

This isn't so much an annoyance, but I have nowhere else to put it.

I just saw a family doing their Christmas "shopping" by plundering a Salvation Army drop box. (The reason I think it was for Christmas is because they were pulling clothes and toys out.) It saddens me to see people so poor they have to steal to keep themselves warm and with toys through the holidays.