The minor annoyances thread

Missy

You need to really examine when you get them. See if you can find a common trigger. It might be a person or a certain task, it could be your job or school or home life, or even something small such as a smell.

Me, mine are set off whenever I work with HTML for too long. (We're talking hours at a time.) Even though I know the code, it can overwhelm me. There are certain people who also act as triggers. Since I've cut them out and / or limited my interactions with them recently, I've suffered fewer attacks.

Medicines such as Xanax do the job well, but learning what causes the attacks in the first place is better than popping pills.

Well, the one I had today had to do with money issues, and being in a crowded place. I was worried about money issues, and then the streets were so f-ing crowded and I wanted to just go for my train in peace.

Mostly, I would say my attacks are due to crowds and money issues, it's not really people that get to me, it's the money worries and crowds, I just get worried and working in a crowded restaurant, I still haven't got used to it yet.

Also, a thing that really triggers it for me, is kids around 6 and under, the ages of my nephews crying, it is just a horrible sound.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crowds get me, too. Just last week I was out with Niki, and when I suddenly realized how crowded the room was, an attack hit me hard. It was so bad, I nearly passed out. Most people probably thought I was drunk, 'cause I had to stumble out of the bar for some space and fresh air.

Guest DCAUFan1051

T-Mobile service went out in the South today for about 4 hours. I think I'm going to switch to Verizon and get the Droid.

y'know it's funny... when I first got a phone with T-Mobile it said it was on the 3G network. But until the outage last night it showed as the Edge Network. It is now showing as 3G... that's just weird!

Ah Brits, you're all so cute with your made-up holidays like Boxing Day. What next, a monarch with no real power?

But seriously, that blows. Still, that's extra money in your pocket or the university's. Whichever.

And Black Friday is what again???

Not a recognized holiday. It's just the biggest shopping day of the year. Boxing Day is actually on calendars.

Ah Brits, you're all so cute with your made-up holidays like Boxing Day. What next, a monarch with no real power?

But seriously, that blows. Still, that's extra money in your pocket or the university's. Whichever.

Not a recognized holiday. It's just the biggest shopping day of the year. Boxing Day is actually on calendars.

Boxing day is like that for us, it's when all the new years sales start.

I'm tired of "it's the last <insert stuff here> of the decade". Do people realize decades are ten years long? The decade started with 2001, not 2000.

But everyone remembers the year 2000 as the start of the new decade/century/millennium, so facts don't matter.

I'm getting tired of that myself. I hate having to point out to people that there was no year zero, so for this to be the end of the decade, the first decade of the AD period had to be nine years long which by definition would be impossible. Like you said Jack, it's like all the idiots who thought we hit the new millennium in 2000 as opposed to 2001.

Boxing day is like that for us, it's when all the new years sales start.

Okay, I've actually been curious as to what Boxing Day is. It's nice to know you guys use an actual holiday for your big shopping day as opposed to us Yanks who just go for the day after one.

In Canada, it isn't a holiday. Just a shopping day.

To clarify, it's a bank holiday. Meaning banks and people who work in the government get the day off.

Okay, I've actually been curious as to what Boxing Day is. It's nice to know you guys use an actual holiday for your big shopping day as opposed to us Yanks who just go for the day after one.

There's some stuff about how it got called boxing day, but really for me, it usually means a Rocky marathon.

Not this year though :shakehead:

Also, boxing day is the 26th of December.

You know, I brought up the whole "2010 is not the new decade" thing weeks ago, but it's nice to know people agree with me. :)

Not to argue, but could you explain this to me as I always get confused.

This is how it works out in my head. Decade means ten years. So for instance, we have the decade of the 80s. So that would be 1980-1989. So the 90s would be 1990-1999. Then wouldn't the 00s be 2000-2009? Because the implication that the 00s should be 2001-2010 means that the 90s are in fact 1991-2000. So, 1990 is considered in the 80s. I know the argument of no Year 0 so you have to go 1-10. But it seems like if you go 1-9, everything works better, I guess?

I am serious when I say my head hurts now.