The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this one is annoying me. Who can help.

I'm out in Belair, MB (no Fresh Prince jokes please), my old hometown for the holidays, there is no high-speed internet out here.

Last week I made a daytrip back to the city. As a favor to my brother, I brought in the hard drive for his Xbox 360 so I could download some stuff for him.

I downloaded a roster update for NHL 10, a map pack for COD4 (the free addition to the Game of the Year version), and about a half-dozen songs for Rock Band 2.

The roster update works fine. Everything else doesn't. It was downloaded fine, the files show up when I look through the memory, but they do not appear in game. The COD4 box says the maps are for online/system link, but I assumed it would work fine for split screen, it thus far has not. The songs I don't get at all. I had previously downloaded a couple songs from here over the dial-up connection (I was able to connect it via my laptop) in the past and they worked fine, but these new downloads are nowhere to be seen.

One of the downloads I got as a surprise for my bro (I plan on having it count as his Xmas gift...I'm broke alright), so any help is very much appreciated.

T-Mobile service went out in the South today for about 4 hours. I think I'm going to switch to Verizon and get the Droid.

I've got the Droid Eris, and the phone is pretty smooth. The battery life sucks but it's got some seriously cool features and the service so far has been better than AT&T (had it for 2 years) and T-Mobile (had them for 3).

So, today I had the following happen:

Go for breakfast, a beggar comes up to me, when I say I have no change, he says "What's that" pointing at my food, and I said my lunch, and say it's all I've had all day. Which may make sound like a dick, but at this point, it was, and fucking paid for it. He walks out spouting some shit about being homeless. Fuck him.

Anyway, going back to Glasgow from Ayr, my train gets stranded for over an hour and a half because of a snow storm. I should be more annoyed about that, but I'm not, I had a seat, and a book to read, so it wasn't too bad.

Going home later that night, my train gets indefinitely delayed, so I just have to get a bus.

So glad this days over and I have no reason to leave my house till Saturday.

The weirdest part is, that isn't bothering me that much, it's like just a minor annoyance and isn't that bad, which is weird.

Go for breakfast, a beggar comes up to me, when I say I have no change, he says "What's that" pointing at my food, and I said my lunch, and say it's all I've had all day. Which may make sound like a dick, but at this point, it was, and fucking paid for it. He walks out spouting some shit about being homeless. Fuck him.

That's happened to me many times. Even when I tell them the truth -- that I don't carry cash -- some have had the balls to ask me to go to an ATM. :rolleyes:

A CD that was supposed to come out today, which I was going to buy as a present for my sister, has been delayed until early February. Now I have to scramble to find something else. I mean, I already have a gift for her, but I wanted to give her one more thing.

That's happened to me many times. Even when I tell them the truth -- that I don't carry cash -- some have had the balls to ask me to go to an ATM. :rolleyes:

It just gets annoying after a while, I'd just came out of the shop, with my food.

I know going up is more effective than begging in the street, as you invade peoples space and they give you money to get you to fuck off, but could they not come to me every fucking week.

A CD that was supposed to come out today, which I was going to buy as a present for my sister, has been delayed until early February. Now I have to scramble to find something else. I mean, I already have a gift for her, but I wanted to give her one more thing.

Yip, same thing happened to me. I got my partner a book on Naval Architecture, and as he had exams, gave him it a few weeks early to help him out. You could always get your sister a book by an author she likes, or a box of chocolates.

My sister is the absolute worst person to buy for. She never gives even the slightest hint as to what she wants.

I actually had to get her a gift card this year, which I hate doing.

Why do you hate giving gift cards?

Also, I'm the same as your sister Dubs, most of the time, if I want something, I just get it for myself.

I pride myself as someone that goes above and beyond with gifts. Gift cards just show a lack of effort, especially when I have to give one to someone that I know bought me a video game or something.

"Oh look, you got me a gift card. It's like cash but more limiting."

-Dilbert's Mom

But seriously, I only do gift cards with people that I have to get gifts for but don't care to know anything about. In other words, family. Makes me glad that I'll have the entire apartment to myself on Friday. Going to watch vaguely Christmas themed movies and maybe go see Sherlock Holmes or go insane and watch 24 hours of Christmas programming.

I am so exhausted. It's supposed to be winter break and I should be sleeping and having fun all day, but yesterday I spent literally (no, seriously, I am not misusing the word) 9 hours building this stupid Rube Goldberg machine with my friend for our physics class, and then today we spent another good 4 hours on it.

If you don't know what a Rube Goldberg machine is, it's basically one of those really complicated machines that uses ramps and pulleys and all kinds of crazy convoluted stuff to do something really simple like turn on a light or something. Or like the ones from those car commercials...

I think it's done now, thank God. Meanwhile my back is hurting and my legs are all cramped and I am really, REALLY tired.

If you don't know what a Rube Goldberg machine is, it's basically one of those really complicated machines that uses ramps and pulleys and all kinds of crazy convoluted stuff to do something really simple like turn on a light or something. Or like the ones from those car commercials...

Or a trap in a Saw movie.

Or the beginning of "Pee-Wee's Big Adventure."

I'm texting with a drunk friend who I think might be subtly hitting on me. And I have work at 8:30 in the morning with an hour walk before that. Why can't these things happen when I don't need sleep.

Or every single death in a Final Destination movie.

We just hung out for a little while, watched Full Metal Alchemist, had a discussion about the Justice League, and I got just kicked out because he had a separate booty call. I could feel bad but I spoiled it for him by pointing out that his Mom was going to be there at 9 in the morning. Ah, rain on people's parades.