The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gift cards are the next best thing to cash. I like them because I'd rather let them get what they want, rather than the chance that they hate the gift I gave them.

I hate gift cards, because its like putting a price on what someone is worth to you. We all do it when we are looking for the gift, but then its like telling them exactly instead of keeping it to yourself. I've never had a problem in getting them, probably because I'm incredibly hard to offend (was invited and then deinvited from own uncles wedding, figured more power to him, its his wedding and he should invite the people he really wants), but I'd feel funny giving another grown person the gift of money, like my £20 is going to mean a thing. If it does then they are probably insulted by my insinuation that they need it. If they have money then it means nothing that way either, its like a token gesture that they get to spend and I don't. If they are giving me the same then we might as well just have a day where everyone agrees to spend a certain amount of their own cash on themselves.

Gift cards are the next best thing to cash. I like them because I'd rather let them get what they want, rather than the chance that they hate the gift I gave them.

I hate gift cards, because its like putting a price on what someone is worth to you. We all do it when we are looking for the gift, but then its like telling them exactly instead of keeping it to yourself. I've never had a problem in getting them, probably because I'm incredibly hard to offend (was invited and then deinvited from own uncles wedding, figured more power to him, its his wedding and he should invite the people he really wants), but I'd feel funny giving another grown person the gift of money, like my £20 is going to mean a thing. If it does then they are probably insulted by my insinuation that they need it. If they have money then it means nothing that way either, its like a token gesture that they get to spend and I don't. If they are giving me the same then we might as well just have a day where everyone agrees to spend a certain amount of their own cash on themselves.

My thing is, you are lucky I got you anything in the first place. If you are worried about the amount on the card, and judge your worth to me based on that, then you would be putting way too much thought into it. Remember, it's the thought that counts, not the worthiness of the gift. You should be happy no matter what you get.

I just filled out my ucas and applied for the following courses:

Sociology and Journalism & Creative Writing(Not sure about this one. I tried Journalism before, and didn't enjoy it. But the other parts interest me.)

English and Film

Film & Media

Broadcast Production

Filmmaking and Screen Writing

Now, I just need to fix my personal statement (Which is a real fucking problem, as I don't know what to do with it!) and send it off to my lecturer.

So now, I'm having a little bit of a panic attack worrying about this. Fuck.

So, I hate Christmas, it seems in my family, the plan is to not say whether or not your showing up for Christmas and the second you move out of the home, don't come back, leaving me alone.

I have four older brothers, all of them, including my nephews gifts.

I haven't spoke to the two oldest ones in months, the last time I spoke to them was in October, the other one, I can't remember, but it was a short conversation asking where my mum was, when he called, as he lives in England.

So really, I think I have a strained relationship with them, seeing as I think their asses, and barely speak to them.

So, no word on whether I'll see either of them, one lives in Coatbridge, just an hours drive away, seeing as they haven't said anything, and my brother who lives five minutes away, hasn't said anything either, so I can't say if he'll come, the other one said he might come, but he might forget and just not bother.

I just wished I hadn't spent so much money on them, seeing as the last gift I got one of them, a Derren Brown book, he left here, and is still sitting on my mums bookshelf. The older ones. If one of them do show up (Surprisingly its the one who lives closer is the bigger ass these days) and try to make jokes at my expense, I will have no problems telling them to go fuck themselves.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know it's Christmas night, but do the downstairs neighbors really have to boom the bass? They've been doing this since I got home at 2:30pm ugh... I'm about to call the damn cops!

Dammit, I feel old.

I'm 22 and I still live at home, with no degree, a fuckload of student loans, and no career prospects.

Yip, exactly where I expected to be five years ago.

Try being all that and 24 and the only reason you're not living at home is because the Parents live 2000 miles away in the boonies.

Dear god, this is going to turn into a "who's more pathetic contest..."

Dammit, I feel old.

I'm 22 and I still live at home, with no degree, a fuckload of student loans, and no career prospects.

Yip, exactly where I expected to be five years ago.

Try being all that and 24 and the only reason you're not living at home is because the Parents live 2000 miles away in the boonies.

Dear god, this is going to turn into a "who's more pathetic contest..."

Yeah, I'm good at those too.

Try being everything you said, but also restarting your education from scratch and not actually having held down a job for more than a few months.

Yeah, I'm playing my big card.

Because the only thing worse than being a failure is finding out that there are people out there failing better than you.

It's horrible to fail at failing.

It's possible to be the best at everything but impossible to to be the worst at everything because than you're the best at being the worst.

So, do I get a trophy?

No, just a small commemorative plate with Jeph Loeb saying, "I'm better than you."

Because the only thing worse than being a failure is finding out that there are people out there failing better than you.

It's possible to be the best at everything but impossible to to be the worst at everything because than you're the best at being the worst.

So, do I get a trophy?

No, just a small commemorative plate with Jeph Loeb saying, "I'm better than you."

Will it have Wolverine, Deadpool, Hulk, Cyclops, Batman, Superman, Joker, Spider-Man and all the Green Lanterns, on the side, but only on one part of the trophy?

So, do I get a trophy?

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

So, do I get a trophy?

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

That was pretty good.

Back on topic, no matter how much of a fucking loser anyone here, thinks they are, I have them trumped.

Fuck, my life.

Well, you can't just say that. You need to elaborate. Only details will convince us you are more of a loser. Remember, most of us are single. In that aspect alone, I think most of us have you beat.

I just quit my job. My doctor wouldn't give me fuck all to deal with panic attacks, so I have to just deal with them myself. So, I couldn't handle the work, so I can't do it now.

So, thanks to some awesome panic attacks, someone phoning me by accident at 7 in the morning and not saying anything, before I slammed the phone down on them, when I only got to sleep at 5 today, a chain and earphones almost wrapping around my throat as I slept. So now, I have no career prospects at all, and really suck at my college course.

So, I am the biggest loser on here.