The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Hearing your parents fight and accuse each other of cheating on Christmas Day night and having to take the girls downstairs so that they don't have to hear that shit? Oh, that's real fun.

Add in money crunches on both my parents' end because of both cars either going in a ditch or breaking down five days after we just got it fixed delaying Christmas, and on my end because the holiday job I got never gave me hours and only being able to work three shifts with the seasonal job and having not been paid since late November, along with the youngest girl being at everyone's throat and everyone being really tense with each other, and it's been real peachy around here. And then today, the younger girls were asking why we've never met Mom's side of the family, and it finally came out to them that Mom was

sexually abused as a kid and not to mention there were a lot of alcoholics/drug users on that side of the family, so it came down to our safety and guess which one she chose

, and lots of crying.

On the other hand, horray, I'm going back to school on Sunday and can at least get away from this shit! (And I feel horrible for saying that now too.)

EDIT: And now I just read the posts above me and I'm sorry if I seem like I'm trying to top anyone in terms of life-shitiness.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EDIT: And now I just read the posts above me and I'm sorry if I seem like I'm trying to top anyone in terms of life-shitiness.

Its no problem because I'll concede my entry in the Suckiest Life Olympics, that sucks big time. Damn, I mean, seriously, just damn.

I second that.

Your problems are not your fault Venneh, mine are just the result of me being an ass. I just have a keyboard to close by when I get really annoyed.

And now I just read the posts above me and I'm sorry if I seem like I'm trying to top anyone in terms of life-shitiness.

Weird story: I was up in Wisconsin at that exact time, and randomly thought "I wonder how Venneh/Hannah's doing?" I didn't know what was up at the time, obviously, but I thought you should know that you were and are in my prayers. (As is everyone else at E-2)

And no, I'm not just saying that. =P

Thanks, all. :)

I feel like I want to melt into the floor. And hopefully that's not because I'm sick. Second littlest sister threw up during the middle of Avatar today, so embarrasing. And now third littlest sister just threw up. So, that either means it skips me, or I'm next up. Whee.

Third and final stepsisters wedding today, which means about 6-8 hours in a room of about 200 people, only three of whom I know well and two of those are going to be monopolised. Honestly, its not like I object to talking to strangers for a bit, but these long days are damn near intolerable. Right now the pent up anxiety I've got is probably the closest I get to a panic attack, except its not fear so much as a massive and overwhelming desire not to go. Its not even like it'll be that bad but my brother and I are still going to be watching for the earliest opportunity to get gone. To top it all off its freezing today, properly cold.

I hate weddings. God forbid I ever have one its going to be mandatory casual dress and an invited crowd of about 10 at most.

I hate weddings. God forbid I ever have one its going to be mandatory casual dress and an invited crowd of about 10 at most.

Get married at a public event. Have a good friend become a member of the clergy at an online church. Pay for nothing other than the marriage license.

I got married on stage at a historic Chicago concert venue with between 600 and 900 unwitting guests. Simple weddings are the best weddings.

Eh, been and gone now, it wasn't that bad. Fortunatly this is the final stepsister's wedding out the way, so I only have friends' weddings to look forward to, and I know plenty of people at those. Actually today there was such an abundance of little kids who weren't there even a couple of years back. Tonnes of babies between 6 weeks and 18 months, they kept the attention of most of the guests for the day, it ensured some conversational focus that reduced the awkwardness.

Christ, if I ever get married, I'm doing it outside a church, with a taxi meter running.

Then I will proceed to fuck off to a chippy and get a roll and fritter.

Call me traditional but I would want a church wedding. I think it's some of that Catholic brainwashing at work but I want the big long ceremony, I want to go through a hellishly long ceremony, I want to have to pay a crap load for the privilege of the big church. Once I have the right, I plan to use it, thank you very much.

Once I have the right, I plan to use it, thank you very much.

That statement makes me so very sad. I hate that this is 2010, yet an entire group of people are still not given full legal, equal rights under United States laws. Will, I truly hope that one day -- one day so very soon -- your options are no longer limited by a government and a society that holds disgustingly outdated beliefs.

That statement makes me so very sad. I hate that this is 2010, yet an entire group of people are still not given full legal, equal rights under United States laws. Will, I truly hope that one day -- one day so very soon -- your options are no longer limited by a government and a society that holds disgustingly outdated beliefs.

:cry: It's alright Mike, I'm ok.......being ignored.

Call me traditional but I would want a church wedding. I think it's some of that Catholic brainwashing at work but I want the big long ceremony, I want to go through a hellishly long ceremony, I want to have to pay a crap load for the privilege of the big church. Once I have the right, I plan to use it, thank you very much.

See, although that would be nice, for you, I'm more a low key person, who hasn't really thought like that, I mean, my Christian upbringing was like this "Go to church!" be dropped off by my mum, and be stuck their for an hour bored, I call myself a lapsed Christian, in that, I haven't been to a church in over a year, for my nephews christening, and before that, I couldn't tell you when.

Yeah, I just don't know, but I never thought about the big church wedding, or civil ceremony, as it's just never been thought of, or even mentioned anywhere in my life, except for when tv shows want to do just another shitty gay joke.

You're not going to change the Church. Nope.

The Catholic church opposes abortions, but I still have the right to have as many as I want. It's legal, but I can't force a church to let me have an abortion on the altar.

They can make gay marriage as legal as anything else that Catholics oppose, but I'm afraid that being married in a Catholic ceremony, by a priest, at a Catholic church will never be a right.

Then again, maybe if the Vatican starts letting the priests get married too...

Through no fault but my own, I got dropped from my classes for Winter Term and my writing class is filled up. I'm going to e-mail the prof my problem and hope she'll let me in the class since she does know me. If not, then I'm taking a class on diversity and religion.

Hope you'll get in, fingers crossed.

Anyway, I have set myself the personal goal of being fully caught up with my classes by next week, before they start back up, so far, I have written out outlines for four out of five of my journalism class articles, but other than that, I've done nothing, so this week, I need to work and get some stuff done for my PR class(Which is easily my weakest, as I just can't do PR, I have to come up with a PR plan for a project and audit the place and all this other shit, I just don't get, and it's a double credit, meaning I can't fail) and have some focused work to show my lecturer for my graded unit class which is part written journalism, and part radio journalism.

I don't want to fall behind in any of my classes, and also I want to get onto a good university course and get a good mark for my project, so really, need to just work my fucking ass off, and get stuff done not only to the best of my ability's, but also have them ready for my set timetable of when I think I should be done with them in time for remediation.

Also, can anyone tell me when the hell 7 working days from December 24th is, cause I was supposed to be paid by then, but now it's the 3rd of January and I need that money to help pay for things, like my overdraft and to pay tuition fees, and future rent.

I guess the one good thing is this time last year, I was around 800 overdrawn in my bank account, with no real money coming in, I had just dropped out of Uni, and really just felt like a useless waste, who felt better putting my head in the sand, ignoring money I owed to SAAS, and trying to pretend nothing was wrong, wheras now, I have a plan of action and have actually been succesfully saving money, instead of just spending it.

God, I hope that money comes in tomorrow, and I can keep up to date with my college work. Actually, I don't want to be just up to date, I want it to be the best work I have ever done in my life.

Also, I'M BORED.

You should watch Dexter if you don't already, awesome show.