The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't you hate it when collected editions don't seperate the issues with the covers and stick them all in the back?

It depends on the story, actually. The Walking Dead gives very little indication where one chapter ends and the next begins, and I love that. It makes the whole trade paperback feel cohesive. More like a graphic novel.

Don't you hate it when collected editions don't seperate the issues with the covers and stick them all in the back?

I personally am more annoyed that both Amazon and DcCs website give no indication of where a trade falls in order. I figured it out eventually but then there are those two issues that no trade is collecting so I have to track them down next time I'm at the comic book store. Why wouldn't you collect the issues that introduce the Alpha Lanterns?

Guest DCAUFan1051

ebay...........:shutyomouth:

the last 2 items that I bought and paid for on ebay keep telling me I need to pay for them grrrrr... One of them is an armband accessory for my iPhone and I already paid it's been deducted from my account and shipped. But yet ebay still says I need to pay. I'm really hating ebay these days.

I marked the item as paid and sent the seller a question. arrrgh.

First off, i just found out I lost my house key.

Now for my annoyed thing.

First off I am not, nor have I ever been a racist against anyone of any race, and I hope I don't come across that way.

I was in the city centre today getting some stuff and I go into a store, and what do i see outside, a woman of middle eastern descent, holding a card and a pram and asking people for money.

I can't say much against, her and I didn't, as she had a baby. I come out twenty minutes later and she's still there. I go down the street, go to other places and come back, and she's still their, she was prowling the streets with her pram going up to people and wanting money.

I was quite annoyed she was doing that on the street and just walking in front of people using her baby as a prop to get money off of people. I go around for a third time and their are girls down the street from her who look the same and are doing the same thing, showing a card saying they need money.

It just annoys me these people, and not just them.

I mean, today i go to a1comics and this guy tries to stop me and my friend, why?

To ask for directions?

To ask the time?

To bother us and say he's homeless and ask for money.

Yip, the third one.

It just annoys me how these people think it's alright to go up to someone in the middle of the street and expect them to give you money.

I also can't stand the people who sit outsit shops with the starbucks cups and their heads down begging for change.

I swear this is what i saw today, a beggar with nice trainers a starbucks cup for change and was drinking a bottle of mineral water.

If you can get fucking coffee at Starbucks and drink mineral water, you are doing a lot better than me and half the fucking country you asshole.

It drives me nuts, now I don't mind the guys who sell the big issue, I mean, their working and some people buy it and they make some money in a fair way, good.

I don't like the assholes who prowl the streets and think that panhandling is ok, and they can fuck off, either sell the big issue or don't bother me you cunt.

It just annoys me so much that they think acting like this and making people not like to walk the streets like me, is just fucked up.

I mean, I was going to the park yesterday and a guy stopped me, this guy looked really thin and was wearing a tracksuit, you know what he wanted.

Directions to a place near by.

To ask the time.

To ask if I could help him as he's homeless.

You know what, he asked for directions and I assumed the worst. That is sad, that someone can't walk down the street without someone else making an assumption about what they want just because of how they dress.

I also heard that the people who beg make more money than the people who actually sell the big issue, which is sad and almost condones this shit.

It just pisses me off so much that we live in a world where these people can carry on like this.

I hate to tar all people who are homeless or have to do stuff like that due to reasons with the same brush, but sadly, that's what these people are making me do.

Theirs only a few things in this world that truly grate me, and this is one of them.

I understand that also Suavestar. I have had a couple things like that happen to me. I was yelled at and threatened by a homeless guy in Atlanta when he gave me a flyer for Black History Month and I gave it back to him when he said it costs money. I didn't ask for it, he just put it in my hand and told me to give him money.

I hate those people outside stores taking money for different charities also. If you try to ambush me, I am not going to give you shit.

So, he handed you a flyer and asked for money. What a prick, and the worst part is people would just give him money as they wouldn't usually think about it ill afterwards. Someone did something similar years ago and gave me a shit flower, she stopped me in the street handed me it and then asked for money, I was twelve and gave her £1, then she said I had more and give her another one. I walked away at that point.

Well Jack, heres one thing over the past few months that I've wanted to do to those people who do the charity ambushes.

Just wear a white t-shirt, hold a clipboard and act all bouncy and skip up to them and:

"Excuse me, would you mind just, you know, fucking off. Your getting on everyones nerves so just this once, could you, you know fuck off. Go on, it only takes a second all you do is just, fuck off and leave people alone." and just keep doing it to them and see how they like it.

I don't mind those charity people standing outside some shops, but why would they shake their jar and say what they're doing if I'm not interested, if I was ignoring you, why would shaking a jar change my mind.

If anyone wants to stop for any reason besides letting me know I dropped something or asking the time, then they can fuck off.

I understand that also Suavestar. I have had a couple things like that happen to me. I was yelled at and threatened by a homeless guy in Atlanta when he gave me a flyer for Black History Month and I gave it back to him when he said it costs money. I didn't ask for it, he just put it in my hand and told me to give him money.

You must have been in Little Five Points.

Told the prof about it, but he said no one could see from up there. In addition, prof demonstrates art concepts on my body and gets very close to touching me at times.

I showed my two friends in the class how the windows could turn it into a peep show, and they said they'd tell Rob on Wednesday when they get a male model.