The minor annoyances thread

Missy

I've been getting advanced training in our store's cash office procedures the past few weeks. Saturday nights are hellacious because you have to do end-of-week procedure on EVERYTHING--Western Union, Ticketmaster, Georgia Lottery, etc. Tonight, I screwed something up and we had to spend almost an hour figuring out how we lost track of $500. Suicide.gif

It's a good thing my co-workers and manager are all awesome because if I'd done that at previous jobs I've held, I never would have heard the end of it.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I was making rice last night, and I forgot how hot the steam gets when I was taking the cover off to check on it. This is now why I have a steam burn on my middle finger. *facedesk*

Yeah that's no fun. I have a couple of scars on my wrist that mark burns from careless use of the grill.

So going home tonight, I had to get a bus, it was raining heavily outside.

The bus stops about a mile and a half from my stop for a few minutes, I don't notice as it sometimes happens, then another bus goes by, and I hear someone shouting at the driver, I listen in, turns out the bus had broken down and the fucking tool bus driver didn't tell us so we could have got the other bus, instead, he just sat there, like the tit he was.

I had to get off and walk home.

I'm not annoyed about walking in the rain, I'm annoyed that I had to find out from someone else that the bus has broken down, instead of the driver.

The other person was shouting at him, because he didn't say a thing to the people on the bus. If he said something like, came out and said "Sorry, the bus has broken down" I would shrug, and get the other bus, but no, he sat on his ass and did fuck all.

Arsehole.

Dear writers,

I do not care that you "have been published in over [insert number] of journals." Nor do I want a laundry list. Give a name or two or five and leave it. All the former does is make me think (1) you're a liar or (2) you think you can strong-arm your stuff into publications by saying the equivalent of, "See? Everyone else likes it. You should, too."

Fix this.

Also, write better.

OK? Thanks.

Edited 2 days later to add: You are not doing better. You are writing other things, but not better things, in your cover letters. You are claiming bad childhoods and desires to see your work in our book and, sometimes, you say nothing at all. You are getting too close for comfort. You don't know me like that, son. You don't know me.

I hate being in a formal wedding. I am a groomsman in two this summer and I have to pay the rental on both suits so that's $120 or so apiece I'm not getting back and that I would rather not be spending. The part that annoys me is that for that price, I could probably buy a suit but can't because both weddings have different suits they want me to rent. They're both some of my best friends so I couldn't say no but I also don't think I should have to spend the money on something like this. If I ever do get married, I'm telling everyone dress however you want. I'll be the one in the Green Lantern hoodie.

But it's an honour to be asked, hehehe. I hear your pain, I've been in 3or4 bridal parties and they are a pain in the ass. And not once did I get to bang the bridesmaid! And as I'm getting older, the opportunity for the bridesmaids to be single at a wedding are fewer and far between.

That all being said, just make sure you get him to the ceremony on time (and healthy) and your job is done :)

Thankfully wedding number 1 will be over rather early in the evening so I'm either driving up to Detroit afterward for a comic book convention or going out drinking in the tux with two other of my friends who will be there still in the tuxes. Wedding number two is open bar so I can get hammered and not care one bit after wards. Plus wedding number two, apparently one of the bridesmaids is the bride's other gay friend and that's who I get to walk with.

today was a mandatory attendance family day. pretty stupid thing to make single guys go to

Yeah, that is pretty stupid. Were there at least other singletons there?

it was company wide so everyone had to go, the dumb thing was the whole day was geared towards wives, and i don't have one of those anymore