The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Add up the following and it gets me annoyed.

- Done cooking? Then clean the kitchen.

- Use the last of the paper towels? Put a new roll out.

- Get the mail? Put it in the mail tray, not all over the kitchen counter.

- Doing laundry? Don't leave it in the washer & dryer for three days. Other people need to clean their clothes.

- Open a pack of batteries? Don't leave the empty package in the drawer.

- Making a phone call you don't want anyone to hear? Leave the room. Do not ask someone else to leave.

- Need to walk around the house? Take your wet shoes off. I really dislike stepping on wet carpet.

Listening to Brad Meltzer explain to John Siuntres how great it is for the American government to coax their own people to spy on other citizens. What a fucking pig. I'm done with his shit.

Ugh! I was going to give his newest book a chance, too. Never mind, now.

Is it wrong that I am not so much bothered about going back to class on Wednesday as I am worried about the fucking horrible 70 minute each way full carriage train journeys each way that I'm going to have to deal with.

With the added bonus of people getting on the train blocking the doors for people getting on just in front of you, and standing right at the doorway, leaving you no way to get on. And turning their backs to you.

Yeah, I'm not looking forward to dealing with that shit again.

Okay, so I was tasked to do the simplest of tasks today: duct taping pens on strings to the registers at work. The act, in itself was not a problem. The problem came when on the first register, I was accosted by no less than three cashiers complaining about things like: "We tried this before, people stole the pens anyway." "Kids are just gonna play with the strings." "They're just going to get in the way." "Who's idea was this anyway?"

After about thirty-five seconds of this shit, I finally snapped and responded as such: "Our supervisors told me to do this, so I'm doing it. Do we need to complain about every minor change that ever occurs here? It's a freakin' pen."

Needless to say, I murdered them and they're buried between ladies' wear and infants.

On the day I have my meeting with Employment Income Assistance why do I need to have...

1) A cold that makes me just want to lie down and sleep

2) A broken down car, leading me to have to walk a block to buy bus tickets, so I can take the stupid bus

3) My former employer pull a douche move of telling me they can't fax my record of employment to my EIA worker

J Woww has a book out now.

FUCKING J WOWW.

I can understand being a hack on a shitty TV show, but if you're going to make a struggling ghostwriter sell their soul for a pay check and slap your name on it, at least have the common decency to be one of the hacks from the shitty TV show that I've heard of.

I'm more surprised that they're even literate.

I'm sorry, where did you get any implication of literacy from this? The closest these people will get to using their respective books is that occasionally the cover might get an involuntary spatter of highly infectious bodily juices from their general direction.