The minor annoyances thread

Missy

J Woww has a book out now.

FUCKING J WOWW.

I can understand being a hack on a shitty TV show, but if you're going to make a struggling ghostwriter sell their soul for a pay check and slap your name on it, at least have the common decency to be one of the hacks from the shitty TV show that I've heard of.

She was paid $15,000 to appear on TNA iMPACT and attack their Jersey Shore characters. To give you an idea of who she is.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For context, Katie "Jordan" Price (Britain's answer to..........[insert glamour model turned reality TV star who uses women's magazines to maintain her undeserved fame on a monthly basis]) has had surplus of 4 books.

The publishing industry is scraping the popularity barrell to sustain itself in the face of the internet. And depressingly, everybody loses.

FUCKING J WOWW.

I can understand being a hack on a shitty TV show, but if you're going to make a struggling ghostwriter sell their soul for a pay check and slap your name on it, at least have the common decency to be one of the hacks from the shitty TV show that I've heard of.

I was at Target last night and they had JWoww's, Snooki's, and The Situation's books right next to each other. It made me want to throw up.

FUCKING J WOWW.

I was at Target last night and they had JWoww's, Snooki's, and The Situation's books right next to each other. It made me want to throw up.

I'll move up to those after I finish Decision Points by George W Bush.

I'd never describe myself as an intensely moral person, but I learned two things about myself tonight. Firstly, I hate strip clubs on almost every level. I really wasn't sure what to expect when I went in, although I was interested in finding out what it was actually like, but all I felt once I was in there was a mix of pity and disgust. Not even a twinge of attraction, and some of them were objectively very pretty, or would be if they were dressed in something remotely normal.

Secondly, no matter how hard you try to stop a friend of yours making a mistake, in the end it's theirs to make, and at some point you have to wash your hands of it and absolve yourself of responsibility.

Thanks man, I'm doing ok. Fortunately I managed to keep my long hangover-less streak going so at least I'm not feeling utterly murdered today. Hopefully at some point I'll find out if certain events did irreparable damage to my friends lives or whether it all worked out.

I fucking hate drama, especially when it's easily avoidable.

I also much prefer just hanging out in bars chatting or singing songs and maybe some cheesy dance stuff later as an evening out. Somewhere last night we deviated from that plan.

So, my job at my store is ordering and taking care of all of the books in the store that aren't textbooks. This week is our yearly inventory so we're trying to return any of our excess stock before then. Unluckily, our online return system is ancient so only one person can be on it at any time and since text books has more, they get first call. Don't think I'm lazy and waited until the last minute since everytime I tried to get something done, our textbook manager pulled me to do fucking busy work that anyone else could do.

Adding to my frustration, I had a publisher rep who ordered some books for us and promised they wouldn't be in until next week. The books came in today so I have to get them checked and out on the shelves plus it makes it look like I have an overstock.

This has just not been my last few days.

Sunday was dealing with church, and then my grandmother, and then my parents being their usual barely civilish selves towards each other lately and my dad laying on me to get a job lined up in case grad school doesn't work out (which it probably won't with my luck).

Monday was Monday, and we all know what day it was, so we won't go there.

Tuesday I get a notification from my Research Design teacher that I didn't discuss enough on the annotated bibliography, and that I need to revise and resubmit by Thursday, otherwise I fail the assignment. Then I realize that we have our huge poster and budget thing due this Friday. Joy.

Today,

I get a cease-and-desist notice from school that Paramount's caught me illegally downloading (prolly True Grit, if anyone else has that specific torrent, watch out, I think they have it marked). All I had to do was give them my honor that I've stopped, and I actually have for now at school; my program's been uninstalled, and anything illegal's off the laptop itself.

So, yeah, it's kind of been a crappy week.

One of the realities of doing a Creative Writing degree is that you have to read other people's work and comment on it. Most professors ask for constructive feedback. I am finding hard to do that for the story I have to workshop today for my Horror Fiction class. It's five pages of character study and description. There is no horror to it, not even psychological. The narrator sits on a couch staring at the stars, thinks about his mom, then uses a spoon to burn his flesh. That's it. I searched to make sure I'm not missing pages because the writer also couldn't be bothered to number. Even slice of life stories still have something at stake, they're not, "Jimmy goes to the market, buys a ham, then walks home." Even going in depth on a single character does not constitute a story. The problem is that I have stuff due in class today otherwise I would skip since I don't want to workshop this since there's nothing to workshop. This is not a story, this is trying to find a character, realizing you're near the minimum word count, and then deciding that's what you're turning in. The worse part, I know the writer is intentionally wasting our time since the professor is grading the final draft and one of the things he grades on is how the story improved in aspects between drafts. Seriously, just fuck.

And now, my sister's emotionally manipulative boyfriend is debating breaking up with her because he thinks she was saying he wasn't good enough. "He's thinking it over today", she says. Fucking bastard.

EDIT: And now she's mad at me for saying he's being manipulative by making her wait out the whole school day for an answer when the argument was last night.

Urgh.

OK, so hopefully somebody can help me out with this one.

I am putting together a YouTube mashup for Ai-Kon. So far I have downloaded all of my files, compiled them in Adobe Premiere and exported them, the file looks and sounds great, but the problem is that it output at about 23 GB, granted it is a 1h50m video, but it's a bit much, especially if I want to send it to the con president for review. I have tried converting it with several different programs to bring down the file size, but doing so only seems to convert the audio with the video just being a black screen.

Any help that can be provided is welcome.

OK, so hopefully somebody can help me out with this one.

I am putting together a YouTube mashup for Ai-Kon. So far I have downloaded all of my files, compiled them in Adobe Premiere and exported them, the file looks and sounds great, but the problem is that it output at about 23 GB, granted it is a 1h50m video, but it's a bit much, especially if I want to send it to the con president for review. I have tried converting it with several different programs to bring down the file size, but doing so only seems to convert the audio with the video just being a black screen.

Any help that can be provided is welcome.

What format is the video in, what codec were you using for compression, and what version of premiere are you using?