The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fuck Apple. I can't wait to switch phones. I updated itunes on my system, plug in my iphone and it deletes a whole heaps of podcasts off my phone, that I had downloaded on my phone. Not paid ones, free podcasts. Why the fuck does it think it's "helping" me out by removing them. I'm sick to fucking death of how Apple keeps trying to "help" me, which is just control.

Fuck Apple. I can't wait to switch phones. I updated itunes on my system, plug in my iphone and it deletes a whole heaps of podcasts off my phone, that I had downloaded on my phone. Not paid ones, free podcasts. Why the fuck does it think it's "helping" me out by removing them. I'm sick to fucking death of how Apple keeps trying to "help" me, which is just control.

They ask you weather or not you want to transfer purchases, you probably clicked no. And if you clicked yes, they are most likely not selected to be synced.

After over ten years of faithful service, my DVD player gave me the "spinning wheel of death" today, which meant me going over to Best Buy (the nearest one is across town from where I live), shelling out my hard earned money, taking it back home, and setting it up. It's not some much an annoyance as it is an inconvenience, but still.

Upshot: I got myself a shiny, new DVD player.

They ask you weather or not you want to transfer purchases, you probably clicked no. And if you clicked yes, they are most likely not selected to be synced.

They are all showing up in itunes, but they were removed from my iphone. If they were on my phone, and are now showing up in itunes, what crazy world would a developer think that means I want a piece of software to delete them off my phone?

It's the whole "synch" philosophy that pisses me off.

This has happened to me before; if there's not enough room for everything, it randomly chooses stuff to not sync in order to keep space, and podcasts, because of the size, are usually the one to be bumped. Though, if that prompt comes up, you can quit the sync and choose what does and doesn't go on.

No, I don't think that's what happened.

A few times before, when I've updated software, podcasts have been deleted off my iPhone with no prompts or warnings. Apparently, there's a weird glitch in the iTunes settings for the phone, so you have to go to the podcast section on your sync menu and make sure the settings are back to normal.

As far as I can tell, it's just a weird operating glitch, not a forced thing.

You'll do fine, Dubs. (When they say they want a college degree, they're just looking for the fact that you'll give them a long-term commitment. You gave however many years of your life to those fuckers, I think that's proof that you'll not run out on 'em.)

Alternatively, get some fire and burn some bitches.

You know what sucks? When you go out shopping, and the person who serves you says they know you from somewhere. And then you after you leave, and walking away you really think about it, then you remember how you know them.

It really sucks, in this instance it really does just plain fucking suck.

I am going to hurt the bastard dogs on the corner lot from ours.

I got out of the shower, and my sister was wiping up our Stella's blood. Apparently she got attacked by the huge Dalmatian on the corner lot from ours; two bites on the throat that weren't as deep, and one on her front shoulder that was deep enough to be continually bleeding and making her limp. My sister got the dogs off of her, and she limp ran the whole way back home and sat down in the driveway and waited for her to come and pick her up and take her in. My two other sisters and my mom are running her to the vet to see what's up with her, but I could use good thoughts for our little Stella.

Is it pressure-sensitive, or electrostatic-sensitive (like the iPhone and Droid)? If it's the latter, then try turning the phone away from your leg when it's in your pocket, if possible.

Yeah, you need to push the screen in at the bottom to open it up. But it's supposed to go right back down, if it's not pushed up to the top of the phone (If that makes sense)

I may just do the turning the phone away from myself in pocket. Thanks.