The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the new power supply installed into my desktop. Only problem is that it won't connect to the hard drive without a stupid $2 adapter I have to order online, so there's another week of laptop adventures.

So, fun is leaving early for work so you don't get stuck walking in the rain only to, when five minutes away, you get stuck in a torrential downpour. Even more fun, when you're those five minutes away as opposed to one minute because you decided to save a few bucks by buying lunch from the supermarket.

Out of the last four Netflix DVDs I've received, I've been unable to watch three of them. Both The Shadow and the first disc of The Wire: Season One were badly scratched. Because I couldn't watch the first disc of The Wire, I certainly wasn't going to watch the second. So right now I am not pleased with Netflix.

I am really getting tired of installing file recovery software that will scan every sector of my failed hard drive, but not let me save a single file without paying for the Ultra Deluxe Version. I'm not spending $150 to recover THREE FILES off of this broken hard drive.

Ok, when we say "we're going to the aquarium at 2" and you say "I can't make it for 2" and we then go, don't get all butt-hurt when you call at 2:30 and we've gone. You said you couldn't make it, you never said, "can we leave later? Can you wait for me?"

Jesus, we already had to settle for the Aquarium because other people who couldn't go said we should save the trip to the zoo for after easter.

Octopus was awesome though. They called him Velcro.

Things actually grow in Alaska? :P

In other news, my professor still thought it was first or second week four weeks into the term. ...This is gonna be an interesting term. Maybe I should S/U this. EDIT: Damn, too late for that. Ah well.

And now I got to listen to a wonderful story about Joseph Stalin beating a parrot to death. Yeah, I'm petitioning the registrar to be able to S/U this on the grounds of this professor being senile.