The minor annoyances thread

Missy

Who the fuck writes a 53 page novel summary? That's not a summary...that's a novel! That is officially more words than Of Mice and Men. I can't be expected to read this! I've abandoned novels before reaching 40,000 words! This fucking summary is 40,000 words. Memoirs of a Geisha? Memoirs of a Fail more like it!

The only way I can see the summary reaching 53 pages with Memoirs of a Geisha is if it went into the cultural stuff behind most of the book, in which case, yeah, I can see that happening.

Are you allowed to tell me more about it? :P

Well, yeah, but it isn't an assignment on cultural mores of imperial Japan in the 1930s. I told her, just the main plot points. She very well could have watched the movie and summarized it for all I care.

It's essentially a hoop-jumping exercise to prove they read the book without doing annoying chapter questions. Especially since they get to pick the book.

Kel, I would but I literally just want her to go away. This isn't a high school student, it's an adult learner.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaved last night. Now my face is cold.

I have noticed that most of the guys on here seem to have beards. Not an annoyance, just an observation.

I'm not sure what is it about beards but it seems that most people except the people who actually have them are against them. I'm just mixing it up because whilst I liked my beard I don't want everyone to forget what I actually look like. I remember when my Grandfather shaved, it was really weird, I couldn't recognize him at all. I don't want it to go that far yet, shaving every so often

Plus I'm not certain but I think its woman repellent. Its like a sign that I've stopped trying.

I've heard many comic pros claim that when a character has a beard, especially if he's on the cover, sales dip.

I don't know, X-men sales do better when Scott and Emma are on a cover than when its just Scott.

That's the Boobs Effect.

I've actually toned back to a goatee because the old lady tells me the beard makes my face look fat and I need all the help I can get.

I've heard many comic pros claim that when a character has a beard, especially if he's on the cover, sales dip.

I don't know, X-men sales do better when Scott and Emma are on a cover than when its just Scott.

Post of the Day. :bowdown:

That's the Boobs Effect.

I've actually toned back to a goatee because the old lady tells me the beard makes my face look fat and I need all the help I can get.

So its ok if the beard has boobs?

I too toned back the beard to a goatee for a few weeks prior to shaving. It actually made my face look quite thin in retrospect, hence why its my new photo on my drivers licence. The old photo was about 9 years old and had been copied so many times due to changes of address it was black and white. I don't look a lot like I did when I was 16 anymore.

Just took a look at some of my old posts. Damn. Note to self, never do that again.

2 1/2 more days and we have a test tomorrow...I don't know, that just seems wrong. :P

Just finished the test....Im not going to say I aced it but Im confident. Half way through the test my teacher started talking about condoms. Im afraid to wak past her to get out of the class. Help.