The minor annoyances thread

Missy

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know. I can write page, after page of bullshit on stuff I think I know, like someone else's work, or a film that I really enjoyed, or even analysing a certain situation. But when I'm actually asked to create something from scratch my mind draws a constant blank.

I have to put together a presentation for this Thursday morning, and I have made two attempts at powerpoint presentations, and it is just not coming together for me. I just feel like I don't know what I'm doing, and feel completely lost by it, and have to just try and file through and get it done, and hope for the best. Even though, I know, what I'm putting together is wrong.

So, yeah. That's a fun Sunday afternoon.

I might be new to the being a substitute teachers, but if you list a job as "OGT teacher", I better be a OGT teacher. I, in no way, should be told "yeah, you are the ESL teacher. Oh, and you have to travel to a couple different schools. Thanks." when I arrive.

The travel annoys more than the changing subjects. However, there is a difference in head space when you think you are going to watch kids take a test all day, to actually teaching.

We're having a Halloween day at work tomorrow. Costumes and snacks with prizes. I'm going as Rape Whistle Ronald's Thrall by the way. Anyway, I was also making this cake recipe, Caramel Apple cake. I completely forgot to swirl the caramel with the batter once it was in the pan, just leaving it in clumps. The thing looks like a blasted country side. I'm really mad at myself for such an obvious mistake. I'm going to bill it as Nuclear Apocalypse Cake, see if I get any points for creativity.

Go get a stress test. Now.

Well, after taking several different stress tests online (Where some of the answers actually sounded a lot like my situation. Which was strange as my doctor two weeks ago described my serious panic attacks, with the extreme heat in the room, down to a T) I've been repeatedly told I'm putting myself under high levels of stress. The thing is, I just don't get how I am under such stress. I should be the last person stressed out.

Other people in my life have so many other, more serious things to worry about, and they seem to be handling them fine, or at least trying to stay on top of them, and I can't make the same effort as them, for stuff that isn't anywhere near as bad as their issues. I have older brothers that have families and lives to take care of, and I can't seem to handle simple stupid useless shit that constitutes my every day life.

Just what the hell is wrong with me.

Well, after taking several different stress tests online (Where some of the answers actually sounded a lot like my situation. Which was strange as my doctor two weeks ago described my serious panic attacks, with the extreme heat in the room, down to a T) I've been repeatedly told I'm putting myself under high levels of stress. The thing is, I just don't get how I am under such stress. I should be the last person stressed out.

Other people in my life have so many other, more serious things to worry about, and they seem to be handling them fine, or at least trying to stay on top of them, and I can't make the same effort as them, for stuff that isn't anywhere near as bad as their issues. I have older brothers that have families and lives to take care of, and I can't seem to handle simple stupid useless shit that constitutes my every day life.

Just what the hell is wrong with me.

Stress isn't just caused by whats around you, it can also be whats going on in your head. Around this time of year min and my mother's stress goes through the roof, sense it is the aneversary of my dad's death. It all depends on what kind of stress it is.

I have £100 to live on this month if I'm to pay my rent and have something to spend when I'm in London the weekend before payday. I'm already cutting out the non-social drinking and walking to work instead of taking the bus, but I really can't afford anything if the proverbial "rainy day" happens this month.

Stress isn't just caused by whats around you, it can also be whats going on in your head. Around this time of year min and my mother's stress goes through the roof, sense it is the aneversary of my dad's death. It all depends on what kind of stress it is.

I've got so many different things going on in my head right now, that is just near impossible to explain, or even work out myself, so I'm sort of caught in an endless cycle with it all.

On another note, I seriously need a fucking vacation, I'm sitting here and it is just feeling like I'm ready to just fall asleep, except my fucking mind won't let my body shut down.

I live in an apartment with shared wall. So now I am listening to whatever the fuck the neighbors are. I give them until this podcast is over to knock it off before I say something.

EDIT: I didn't last that long. I do not, for any reason, need to hear you drunkenly sing Lynyrd Skynyrd. Just fuck off.

I live in an apartment with shared wall. So now I am listening to whatever the fuck the neighbors are. I give them until this podcast is over to knock it off before I say something.

EDIT: I didn't last that long. I do not, for any reason, need to hear you drunkenly sing Lynyrd Skynyrd. Just fuck off.

Did you at least record them for us to laugh at?