Who's the new Batgirl?

Missy

Who's the new Batgirl?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Wait, I thought that BftC was coming out after August...

Never mind, just ignore me. xD

Done. :D

As a side note to this, I love how Barbara has been drawn since her crippling. She is, to me, one of the absolute hottest characters in the DCU. I don't remember which BftC book I was reading, but it had her working out and taking a shower and stuff and it was just... great. Maybe it's the redhead freak in me, but I think it's awesome that DC has a handicapped sex symbol. It would be a shame to lose that.

I do not, not, NOT want it to be Babs. If it is, then I will be disappointed. Oracle can do so much more for the super-hero community than Batgirl ever can. This has already been established in an issue of Booster Gold (Number 6 of the new series I believe). I personally think it's going to be either The Calculator's Daughter, Wendy or Cassandra Cain. Wendy would make more sense since she is currently appearing in the Oracle mini-series and if this new Batgirl spins out of there, it would only make sense that it be Babs or Wendy. So, Wendy, hopefully the new Batgirl and then kicking that Wonderdog in the face with Batarangs.

And Babs is, you know, in a wheelchair that DiDio would never think of undoing if what he has said publicly at convention after convention holds any water...

The thing is the end of Birds of Prey and the Oracle tie in the Battle for the Cowl seem to be leading toward her walking again.

The real question is what will Bas fo now that she can walk?

The batwoman mantle has already been taken, will she still be Oracle?

Thank you for pinning down the other problem I have with Barbara Gordon becoming Batgirl again. Babs has proven herself to be an adult, a woman. She led a team already in addition to being a member of the Justice League. Still being called Batgirl would be an insult to the maturity she has gained. It's also the reason why Powergirl should just become Powerwoman or something along those line. Having "girl", "boy", "lad", or "lass" or any other such s part as your name is only allowable if you are in the Legion or a sidekick. If you have grown up as a character. going back to the old is just asinine (see Beast Boy becoming Changeling and then going back to Beast Boy at during the most reboot of Teen Titans.) The only way that Babs should be allowed to become Batgirl again is if she has a team of Batgirls carrying the mantle with her as Batgirl Commander.

I'm going to try and force back an eye roll if Barbara Gordon starts walking again. It's not that I don't feel for her and want her to walk her again as a character it's just because in Batman's world I've liked their being true tragic events, that don't ever get fixed. Jason Todd was kinda like this and obviously so was Barbara. If we go back bring back some of the bad events that Bruce has had to suffer through it kinda of takes away from how tragic the whole Batman universe can get. Does that make sense?

And I hope it's not spoiler, I never liked her.

I'm going to try and force back an eye roll if Barbara Gordon starts walking again. It's not that I don't feel for her and want her to walk her again as a character it's just because in Batman's world I've liked their being true tragic events, that don't ever get fixed. Jason Todd was kinda like this and obviously so was Barbara. If we go back bring back some of the bad events that Bruce has had to suffer through it kinda of takes away from how tragic the whole Batman universe can get. Does that make sense?

And I hope it's not spoiler, I never liked her.

Well Bruce is gone until DC needs to bump sales so maybe some happiness in Gotham is not that bad of a change of pace for a bit.