Who's the new Batgirl?

Missy

Who's the new Batgirl?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its not the ribbing I have issue with really, its the overall too muchness of it. The classic gold Batgirl symbol plus the belt, plus the leg pouches plus the patterned purple down the side plus the purple interior of the cape plus the exposed blonde hair. The reason Cassie's costume was great was because it was so minimalist, straight up black with the gold outline bat symbol and the symbolic covering of the mouth to emphasise her communication difficulties. Everything different about that costume told me something about the type of Batgirl Cassie was. What this Batgirl costume tells me is that Steph has identity issues to the point of divided loyalties. She's homaging who she was and showing who she wants to be but she's doing it by way of a super tough modern almost Azbatsish twist with the visible extra padding and the leg pouches.

Garbett's version of the new Batgirl outift (the one you'll be seeing in the interiors), with some commentary:

BatgirlTurnssmall.jpg

The leg-strap was requested by DC as a nod to the old SPOILER costume. In fact I've kept it almost identical to the old one but now in Batgirl yellow but more techy than pouches. The same with her Belt. Other artists down the line may draw pouches but I'm going for more old skool 'containers'. Almost like the Batman TV show, I guess.

The lower slung belt was inspired by Han Solo and it won't ever be a problem with her

kicking etc etc because I will make sure I draw it not being a problem with her kicking. As it's not real we can have some artistic license and add some cool elements.

I'm not sure on the color scheme Phil's used but yeah, my original design is two tone purple to ref Spoiler's old look.

This version I like more than the one on the cover above.

That's a fair bit better, and hearing the justification for it, I retract my "Ugh." It's replaced with a much more ambivalent feeling. It's still the worst Bat-Girl costume I've ever seen, but that's because Bab's and Cassie's costumes were so nice. (Other than Cassie's fucking lack of eye-holes.)

One thing, though: Fuck this line: "The lower slung belt was inspired by Han Solo,and it won't ever be a problem with her kicking etc etc because I will make sure I draw it not being a problem with her kicking," for two reasons.

One, Han Solo? What the fuck? Can you honestly name one thing that

Spoiler

and Han Solo have in common? I mean, if she was some sort of rebel, loudmouth scoundrel I could see it, but no.

And two: "It won't be a problem with her kicking..." That's literally about one step above saying "It won't get in the way, because fuck you, that's why."

2:04:23 PM Hannah Krueger:

Some interesting points:

*They DID seriously consider putting Babs in the Batgirl suit.

*Once again, it's reiterated that there will be big plans in 2010 for "everyone's favorite non-lethal assassin" (Cass).

*DiDio states he did agree to kill Stephanie. And apparently it was his idea to make her Robin. MAKE UP YOUR MIND WHOSE IDEA IT WAS GUYS.

2:04:30 PM Hannah Krueger: http://www.dccomics.com/dcu/news/?nw=13569

2:04:49 PM Preston: Cassandra Cain is Batgirl.

2:05:05 PM Hannah Krueger: You're in denial about this, aren't you? :P

2:05:20 PM Preston: No.

2:05:22 PM Preston: Why?

2:05:36 PM Hannah Krueger: Steph is currently Batgirl.

2:05:42 PM Preston: Who?

2:05:48 PM Hannah Krueger: Spoiler? :P

2:05:51 PM Preston: Cassandra Cain is Batgirl.

2:06:02 PM Preston: The things you are saying don't make sense.

2:06:16 PM Hannah Krueger: *pat pat*

2:06:20 PM Hannah Krueger: It'll be over soon, I promise.

2:06:27 PM Preston: What will?

2:06:41 PM Hannah Krueger: What you're purposely blocking from your head. :P

2:08:29 PM Hannah Krueger: That Spoiler is currently Batgirl for stupid reasons.

2:08:56 PM Preston: What?

2:08:59 PM Preston: Huh?

2:09:01 PM Preston: Who

2:09:09 PM Preston: is this Spoiler you speak of?

2:10:48 PM Hannah Krueger: They were going to put Babs back in the suit.

2:11:16 PM Preston: Babs > Some Self Entitled Brat who doesn't deserve the cowl.

Click on the DC Nation, it's quite... enlightening.