Who's the new Batgirl?

Missy

Who's the new Batgirl?  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's clear tensions between the characters in a way that would surprise me if they were to work together. And it appears there is some manipulation behind the scenes from Barbara who clearly has her hat in the Huntress ring.

I only thought that because of the teaser image coming out before I read the issue but it makes a lot of sense.

• 1 month later...

If its not Manhunter than its Cassandra Cain or Spoiler. WOW, I just thought of the funniest thing ever! You know how Jason Todd has been taking evil versions of the mantles of heroes (like Nightwing and Batman), what if he became an evil, killer, Batgirl? That would be so funny, yet also kind of cool. He could get his body changed to look more like a woman.

Wait a second! Another funny twist just came to mind! What if Harley Quinn becomes Batgirl?

What if Harley Quinn becomes Batgirl?

I'd buy every issue of Batgirl. Forever.

Same thing I would do. Harley Quinn as Batgirl would be awesome! Maybe she could find out who Batman and Robin are then make them let her become Batgirl or something. I don't know, but it would be awesome.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Wait can some that has read today's Batgirl #1 tell me who Batgirl is (spoiler coat if you answer)? I just want to know that, I forgot to pick it up today, and if someone tells me who she is, I can stop worrying, and I don't have to read any comics until Halloween. Not that it's what I want to do, it's just i don't want to spend my money now on a bunch of comics that are waiting for me at my local comic book shop, cause it sometimes hurts spending money on stuff you have to buy, cause if I don't by Halloween, my comics will be off the shelves. Anyways, what better day to read about people in costume then on Halloween?

The new Batgirl is

Stephanie Brown

Thank you.

Oh man, I just forgot that the month of September existed, so I have to get my comics even earlier (in September), and that adds all those September issues. I'm getting way too many comics. Doesn't September suck? And I'm not just saying this because it makes my comics bill bigger, so many other things about September sucks. No offense to someone who's birthday is in that month!

I have to say, when I went to the comic shop, I flipped ahead to the page with the reveal, said "Wow, I don't really care" and put it back on the shelf.

I'm more concerned about what part Cassandra will play from now on in the Bat-Books.

Oh, and after flipping through this, can I just say fuck Oracle: The cure, now it truly was just a crappy tie in book, that didn't really tie in to BFTC.

Oh, and after flipping through this, can I just say fuck Oracle: The cure, now it truly was just a crappy tie in book, that didn't really tie in to BFTC.

True that. I think they tacked it into the event to make it sell better. Regardless, I'm picking this up because I need at least a bit of my Babs fix. If it doesn't have me within the first three issues, it's gone like Donkey Kong.

Stephanie brown should have stayed dead, I've been more pissed about her revival than any hero since just because it was so cheap. Wargames wasn't a great event or anything but its rendered utterly meaningless since she came back, and now she's going to bring her brand of bland inept heroics to Batgirl? Bullshit.

Seriously, Cassandra was like the best addition to the Batman Family outside of Dick Grayson and Tim Drake, and they've completely ruined her over and over ever since her solo book ended. What, now we have another high school hero? Screw that, I want a messed up illiterate uber-ninja who is still trying to find her place in the world as Bruce Wayne's apprentice.

Stephanie brown should have stayed dead, I've been more pissed about her revival than any hero since just because it was so cheap. Wargames wasn't a great event or anything but its rendered utterly meaningless since she came back, and now she's going to bring her brand of bland inept heroics to Batgirl? Bullshit.

Wargames wasn't that good to begin with. Part of the reason I believe that DC brought back Stephanie is because of fan reaction. A lot of people, myself included, felt that the way Stephanie killed was bullshit. Not only did it feel like a case of "Women in Refrigerators" but it also did major character derailment for Leslie Thompkins by making her do something that was completely out of her nature. That said, I don't completely agree with her becoming the new Batgirl but Barbara Gordon is pretty much the DC Universe's version of The Doctor in that she makes people better. Black Canary was a much different character at the beginning of Birds of Prey. The same with Huntress. Even Manhunter in her brief time was showing major breakthroughs. I believe in Barbara Gordon.

I'll argue that just because I liked what Thomkins did, its was like she finally snapped and lost her mind after the extreme violence of the story, and indeed the years of violence that she endured as a doctor in Gotham. Its not like her character was contributing anything anymore, the same being true of Steph. I just don't think she's very good at being a hero. She reeks of amateur-hour and quite frankly Batman was right to ditch her as Robin, as was proven when she started the whole War Games thing in the first place. Maybe she'll be great, but honestly I just think of her teaming up with the modern Batman, Robin and Red Robin and looking the the one who absolutely doesn't fit. I'll totally be on Damien's side when he inevitably chews her out for being rubbish.