Sign in to follow this  
Koete

Grant Morrison Documentary

Sequart and Respect! Films are prodcuing a documentary about legendary comic book writer Grant Morrison. Morrison has written virtually every major comic book franchise, from Batman to Superman to X-Men, and created many new properties, including the seminal comic book series THE INVISIBLES. This documentary is the first in depth look at his life and work in film, and features unresricted access to the man himself.

A significant amount of material has already been shot, with more shoot dates to come. Look for the film to be released sometime in 2010. It is directed by Patrick Meaney, shot by Jordan Rennert and produced by Amber Yoder.

When I saw the cover of Gonzo (the Hunter S. Thompson documentary) I thought there already was a Morrison doc.

Observe:

identity.jpg

batman-Grant-Morrison.jpg

Regardless, Morrison is easily the most intriguing persona in the industry today. Instant buy.

My favorite quote is Waid's: "He's basically a guy who can draw Hypertime on the back of a napkin."

I don't know why, but Frazer Irving looks really cool.

Fantastic. I learned new things about his life, I got to hear him tell his stories, and I got to know the real Grant Morrison. From someone who considers him to be their favorite writer, I couldn't ask for anything more.