• 2 months later...
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I don't see the whole "it's a new and better cgi". It looks like Scooby Doo type cg faces to me.

I think that simply comes from the fact that when the human face is distorted, it instantly looks fake because our brains tell us that it must be. (It's the reason that we'll never have a live-action version of the Hulk that looks perfect.)

I find it really odd how people are already pre-judging the movie simply based on its special effects and one trailer. I'm more interested to see the final product and find out if it's actually any good on something other than a surface level.

I don't see the whole "it's a new and better cgi". It looks like Scooby Doo type cg faces to me.

I think that simply comes from the fact that when the human face is distorted, it instantly looks fake because our brains tell us that it must be. (It's the reason that we'll never have a live-action version of the Hulk that looks perfect.)

I find it really odd how people are already pre-judging the movie simply based on its special effects and one trailer. I'm more interested to see the final product and find out if it's actually any good on something other than a surface level.

I'm not pre judging the movie. I'm only pointing out that these special effects are not as good as they promised. Since I already know the whole story, it will be all about the performances for me.

Trailer

All I have to say is.....wow!

At this point, I don't understand how people can still have a negative attitude towards the film. Who cares if it's derivative or even bland? It's got action and imagination that look unrivaled. If anything else, it should be a visual masterpiece, accompanied by at least a decent story and great direction.

• 2 weeks later...

Chalk it up to the curse of too much information. These days people base their opinion on trailers and what they read on The Internet long before they've actually seen the movie itself. When it comes to movies I actually prefer the pre-Internet days when you didn't know much of anything about a movie until you went to the theater to see it.

Chalk it up to the curse of too much information. These days people base their opinion on trailers and what they read on The Internet long before they've actually seen the movie itself. When it comes to movies I actually prefer the pre-Internet days when you didn't know much of anything about a movie until you went to the theater to see it.

Yip.

No matter how hard you try, you are going to see something about a film, you wouldn't get the twist at the end of Empire Strikes Back:

When look realises he's been wanting to shag his sister. Ok, more likely that was Jedi, but I'm making a point

you would find out somehow, as it is hard to avoid info now.