Favourite South Park Seasons

slothian

Looking for the specific quote from Passion of the Jew for the Create a Caption thread, I was looking over the episode guide and reaffirming my love for South Park and how it has the longevity of quality that The Simpsons would kill for. Whilst I'm not of the school of thought that thinks the show has jumped the shark, I did wonder what my top 3 seasons were:

3 - Season 6 - Jared Has Aides, The New Terrance and Phillip Movie Trailer, Free Hat and every episode after A Ladder to Heaven

2 - Season 11 - More Crap, With Apologies to Jesse Jackson, Night of the Living Homeless and the Imaginationland saga.

1 - Season 8 - I can't pick out best episodes as all of them are excellent/quotable in their own way.

Season 7 just missed the cut.

For me, when the kids hit fourth grade, the show grew from a lot of toilet humor to a lot of toilet humor that also had a lot of clever bits to it as well. As for my favorite season, seasons 8 and 9 were when I really started to take notice of the show for everything it is. Woodland Critter Christmas still stands out as quite possibly the most wrong thing I have ever seen. This is including Pink Flamingos. Trapped in the Closet is probably the thing most responsible for letting people know how messed up Scientology really is. Yeah, I think I'm going to go and watch Stupid Spoiled Whore Video Playset right now.

• 3 weeks later...

I've been watching a lot of South Park this week and instead of creating a separate thread, I figured I'd just pose the question here. Who is your favorite South Park character? There's definitely a lot to choose from, but in the end, I gotta go with Butters.

Butters is awesome. He really is this innocent kid that just gets stuck in these crappy situations and has probably the worst parents in a town where every adult, in the long run, is a complete and utter dumb-ass. My other favorite is Stan, mainly because he seems to be the person with the most common sense in a town where everyone is at varying stages of massive stupidity.

No joke, Terrance & Phillip are my favourite characters. Maybe it's because Not Without My Anus was the first episode I saw, but the stereotypes are so infantile and laughable (I watched Christmas in Canada whilst I was living in Alberta) that it's always a hoot whenever they get significant airtime.

Of the regular characters, it's a toss-up between Butters and Kyle, but Cartman's obviously the driving force and comes out with some great stuff in pretty much every episode.

I don't think they'll ever top "Scott Tenorman Must Die" in regards to Cartman. They can come close, but only close.

True but it was an important episode for how they developed Cartman's character. Prior to that episode, if Cartman said he was going to kill all the non-Gingers or tried to start a Nazi Cult of Mel Gibson, it would have seemed stupid and out of character. You wouldn't take him seriously. The face that he not only causes the deaths of Scott Tenorman's parents but takes glee for it establishes Cartman is more than just talk. It makes it so that every episode after where Cartman pulls off the impossible, terrible thing, you take him seriously that he might accomplish it. I love Cartman because I know he's more than just talk. He will do the douche thing and, if pushed, he's going to murder you.

• 4 months later...

It was terrible. It started out good with the Coon episode and everything after the pirate episode was terrible.

Good eps:

The Ring

The Coon

Fatbeard

W.T.F. is probably my least favorite episode in the series. There is so much they could have done, but they obviously didn't know anything about wrestling. How can you do a bad Vince McMahon?

Dances with Smurfs was INCREDIBLE. They dropped the ball with Butters' Bottom Bitch and W.T.F.

I thought both of those were hilarious. Different strokes I guess.

WTF didn't go far enough, but Butters Bottom Bitch was one of the best of the season.

I liked the last one just for the peeing on the monkey testing. Classic south park science gone daft.