Sony E3 2009 announcements

JackFetch

New PSP Go will be 249.00 and come out October 1st. It will not replace the current PSP.

Gran Turismo PSP will be out October 1st.

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker will come out for the PSP in 2010. It takes place in the 1970s.

There will be a Hanna Montana PSP bundle which will be a pinkish/purple color.

Assasin's Creed 2 is fucking awesome. Ok, they didn't say that, but it is. It takes place in Venice during the renascence. Oh, and you can fly.

Final Fantasy XIV will be a PS3 exclusive, and an mmo.

They have a motion capture system also, that involves wands and the Eye camera. It's basically mo-capping using the wands and will come out next year.

Mod Nation Racers is the cart racing equivalent to Little Big Planet as anyone can make a track.

TRICO is now called The Last Guardian.

God of War 3 is coming out March of 2010.

The pricing of the PSP Go is ridiculous. Why on EARTH would I pay $249 for that? I'd love to have one, but there's no way I'm buying it at that price.

Assassin's Creed II looks INSANELY AMAZING.

The Last Guardian looks cool. I want one of those giant mutant chicken puppies.

The "wand" thing looks kind of cool, if only because of the war simulations they showed. Otherwise it looks like a cool tech demo and nothing more.

Final Fantasy XIV... uhh... okay? Yay? I guess?

I really don't get announcing FF XIV before FF XIII is even out. Sony must have been begging to announce it for it's exclusivity. The fact that it's an mmo just makes everyone not care.

They really worked on that big monster thing in the Last Guardian trailer because it looks so much better now. The boy still looks like ass but it seems to be a stylistic choice.

But can its awesomeness be recognized of the intended fanbase doesn't have the money to buy the system or the game itself?

...They started the PSP out at that price range, if I remember correctly, and it sold pretty goddamn abysmally.

I don't know why they're going the MMO route again with FFXIV, FFXI isn't doing all that well.

Also, The Last Guardian looks awesome. Too bad I'll not have the money to buy it.

I don't know why they're going the MMO route again with FFXIV, FFXI isn't doing all that well.
Maybe to try again? There are few franchises better-suited to MMO gaming than Final Fantasy; I say they should keep going until they finally get it right.

But can its awesomeness be recognized of the intended fanbase doesn't have the money to buy the system or the game itself?

Probably. People complain about the price, but ultimately they'll shell out $400 for a console if they want to. If you break it down, the PS3 is actually cheaper than the 360 since it has more features. Heck, paying for Xbox Live for 4 years is $200 by itself it's admittedly a better service than PSN, but it's still too much). Add in rechargeable batteries for the 360's controllers, as well as a wireless adapter and the 360 stands at about $600 or more (and still doesn't have HD video playback unless you download the movies from Xbox Live). I can't even financially support my 360 anymore because it's a money hog.

...They started the PSP out at that price range, if I remember correctly, and it sold pretty goddamn abysmally.

Nah, the PSP sold well initially, and continues to sell at a decent rate. It's got a user base of about 50 million at this point. Nobody is buying the games though.

It’s not a massive seller, but I’m pretty sure FFXI is actually Square Enix’s most profitable game. I think that even though the overall sales aren’t that massive, it still gets a decent profit month to month, which is a lot when you stretch it over the years that it’s been around (heck, it came out before WOW).

So yeah, I can kind of see why they would want to make another one.

Probably. People complain about the price, but ultimately they'll shell out $400 for a console if they want to. If you break it down, the PS3 is actually cheaper than the 360 since it has more features. Heck, paying for Xbox Live for 4 years is $200 by itself it's admittedly a better service than PSN, but it's still too much). Add in rechargeable batteries for the 360's controllers, as well as a wireless adapter and the 360 stands at about $600 or more (and still doesn't have HD video playback unless you download the movies from Xbox Live). I can't even financially support my 360 anymore because it's a money hog.

Heh, it’s amazing how many costs I’ve managed to avoid. I don’t go for gold unless my friends are currently playing a multiplayer game I also own, I have a wired controller, I have an Ethernet cable rather than the wireless adaptor, my headset is a 3rd party wired headset (which I got for about half the price) and I even bought my 360 second hand (it came with a one year warranty where I could get a replacement at the store without question). I’ve done everything I can to avoid giving MS my money

I just don't know, I love both trilogies so much, for such different reasons. The ICO games are artistic, soulful and a true representation of art in videogaming.

...But God of War lets me dismember until I can dismember no more.

I just don't know, I love both trilogies so much, for such different reasons. The ICO games are artistic, soulful and a true representation of art in videogaming.

...But God of War lets me dismember until I can dismember no more.

Aye. 'Tis truly a good time for Sony.

('cept for the whole losing-a-billion-dollars thing)

PS3 is still the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market right now.

Actually, it's not. =/

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BDP-S350-1080p-...8518&sr=8-4

However, the fact that a $400 console has the value of a $275 HD video player AND a next-gen gaming platform with free online service is still a great deal. I'd buy one if I could find someone to sell my 360 to. :P