The all purpose new bat-book thread.

SuaveStar

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who saw Bruce's BATMAN INC. Batwoman/Batgirl schematics Barbara Gordon was looking over in Batman: The Return and were excited to see it, I found something quite interesting today that may prove my hope that

Barbara Gordon will walk again and physically fight crime again

Here's the image: If it's appeared in an already published issue, please tell me, I'd like to get it.

batgirlbeyond.jpg

I mean the only person who thinks that if they were going to get Babs walking, or fighting crime again, they would have gave her a suit that can artificially move her legs, and just take it from there?

Cause, she's doing fine as Oracle, and I learned after reading that fucking shite mini series Oracle: The Cure, that she doesn't need to be Batgirl ever again.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who isn't reading Birds of Prey, and I'm not even bothering to put this in spoilers since it's stated by Babs on the fifth or sixth page of the first issue of the arc, Babs is planning on killing Oracle because too many people are aware that Oracle exists. The super-hacker that worked for the heroes used to be a myth. Thanks to The Calculator, pretty much the entire super-villain community knows now. So, unless Simone throws a curveball, which I doubt, Oracle ain't dieing, just probably going anonymous.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, second to last issue of Streets of Gotham. I think I'm ready for this series to be cancelled. Dini seemed to stop giving a shit, and Nguyen was just bland. One issue of the series left, and there is no way I can see this having a satisfactory conclusion in one issue.

It wasn't:

Hush had his face ripped off by Jane Doe, and now has to wear the bandages for good. The House of Hush, is Arkham Asylum, where he is stuck now.

• 1 month later...

Interview with Scott Snyder about Detective and Gates of Gotham

If you haven't been reading Detective Comics, you should, it is consistently the best Bat-Book out right now. In the latest issue:

A killer whale is left dead inside a bank to open the issue. And inside the whale was a body, that was eaten alive by the whale.

It's a lot more awesome than I could ever make it sound.

• 2 weeks later...

Was Alfred laying the smack down on terrorists there?

It was indeed.

The issue felt like it had a purpose this month, and they are finally leading all of this to something. But at the same time, I'm a bit taken aback when:

Tim is given his own team Red Robin and the Outsiders. For stealth missions. As I haven't read DiDido's awful run, I have no clue who half of the team are.

A good set up issue, if nothing else.