The all purpose new bat-book thread.

SuaveStar

• Replies 440
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They did a switch out a while ago, but I don't think anyone knows where the 'real' Bruce's physical form is. There are at least two Bruce Wayne corpses in comics at the moment, and no they aren't the same one at different times because this one still has flesh on it. But then the Black Lantern one still had to be a Batman, even if it was an alternate universe one. Plus don't forget Bruce is off in a cave somewhere as well. I'm not even thinking about this until Blackest Night resolves it somewhat. If it doesn't then the whole thing is bullshit.

They did a switch out a while ago, but I don't think anyone knows where the 'real' Bruce's physical form is. There are at least two Bruce Wayne corpses in comics at the moment, and no they aren't the same one at different times because this one still has flesh on it. But then the Black Lantern one still had to be a Batman, even if it was an alternate universe one. Plus don't forget Bruce is off in a cave somewhere as well. I'm not even thinking about this until Blackest Night resolves it somewhat. If it doesn't then the whole thing is bullshit.

What?????

I hate Red Robin for having Tim convinced Bruce is alive, finding evidence and then not telling the reader why the hell he believes this.

Also, I've been going under the belief that the lump from Grant Morrison's last issue is the one Darkseid killed, and that Bruce is trapped in a state of flux.

Moving discussion here, as I can;t find R.I.P thread.

Also, the original Zur En Arr story really did nothing to affect RIP except say that it happened and Batman put it in the black casebook and thought it would help him at a later date*

*Waiting for Koete nod of approval.

Half-nod.

I mean, Batman didn't gain super-powers and there wasn't a Batman from another planet in R.I.P. But Batman being summoned in a trance by the Batman of Zur-En-Arrh might've informed the idea of the back-up personality and while not having the same function, the Bat-Radia was as important in the story.

Yeah, still that page in R.I.P of the Batman of Zur En Arr was awesome and I would love to have the original art of it, or a poster of it.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, Batman and Robin #8 was very average, the art wasn't as good as the first issue, and all round, this just felt like filler.

I completely disagree. Questions were answered, new questions were raised, and Cameron Stewart's art was just as great as last issue. Still an excellent storyarc for me.

Does this cover look like crap because of the story?

bnr12_02.jpg

I don't really know why the story would cause the cover to be of lower quality, but I agree, easily the worst cover of the series.

Does this cover look like crap because of the story?

bnr12_02.jpg

I don't really know why the story would cause the cover to be of lower quality, but I agree, easily the worst cover of the series.

Well, I was just wondering why Batman looks like a stitched up zombie in a Batman costume, I haven't read any of this story arc, so I don't even know why all these covers show them fighting each other. But no need to spoil anything for me.

The art inside Batman & Robin 8 was terrible. Way below what you'd expect in such a high profile book at such a crucial point in the story.

Actually going back through it started out good, and then the second the big fight started went to shit. Completely underwhelming for such an important scene.

The art inside Batman & Robin 8 was terrible. Way below what you'd expect in such a high profile book at such a crucial point in the story.

Actually going back through it started out good, and then the second the big fight started went to shit. Completely underwhelming for such an important scene.

Pretty much what I wanted to say.

Comic Book Resources had a chance to talk with Tony Daniel. Daniel, who is currently writing "Batman," has had a pretty extensive history with Batman over the last couple of years. He first started on the character as an artist working with Grant Morrison during RIP. Then he wrote and drew "Battle for the Cowl." He started on "Batman" after Judd Winick's departure from the book as not only the artist, but also the writer. Lately he is finishing up his story with Guillem March doing the art. What does Daniel's future hold when it comes to Batman? Well, let's see what he has to say.

CBR: Why do you think Dick Grayson works as Batman, and do you believe he was the rightful successor to Bruce Wayne?

Tony Daniel: Dick was Batman's first Robin. He was there at the beginning, he matured and led the Teen Titans, then became Nightwing. I think he's proven himself to be a natural leader, and I think the fans have seen him for a long time as a borderline A-list character, Batman mantle or not. No one knows Bruce better, and I don't see anyone else that could possibly handle the mantle more than Dick.

CBR: You've managed to roll a number of Batman's rogues' gallery into the book already, namely Catwoman, Huntress, Penguin and the Riddler. Do you have a favorite, and who should we keep our eye on, especially, as we move towards "Batman" #700.

Tony Daniel: I'd say keep an eye on Riddler. Obviously there's something funky going on with his memory. Is he getting his memories back? Some of them? All of them? That's going to be fun. Also, Kitrina is here to stay. So look for something big to happen with her at the end of the arc.

CBR: What's happening on May 10th? A quick glance at the calendar indicates that it may be the release date of "Batman" #699, but is there something more to it than that? The Riddler doesn't look quite himself on the cover of #698...

Tony Daniel: Forget that cover. I redrew it. Batman's no longer holding the calendar page... Oops, I don't know when to shut up.

CBR: OK, can you tell us then if you will be involved in "Batman" #700? And if not for the landmark anniversary issue, what about #701 and beyond?

Tony Daniel: I will be involved with #700. It will be a lot of fun. I can't say exactly what's going on with that issue but it's a special issue.

After #700, that's being discussed right now. I have a few options on the table and have some hard choices ahead of me.

So there are some clues as to what is going to happen for issue seven hundred, but not much. Will it be an oversized issue with various writers writing short stories? As long as it isn't like issue six hundred I think we will be fine.

Source

I dropped Batman as the art was awesome, but the story was bland under Daniel.

Also, I don't want March on the book, he has a very distinct style, that I don't care for. But that's just me.

What happened for issue #600 that was such a letdown?