The Blackest Night

prez

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Blackest Night: Batman #1 = HOLY FUCK

Undead Flying Graysons!?!?!?!?!

This is honestly the most excited I've ever been about a crossover. I'm at the point right now where I'm going, "This is like apocalyptic bad, how the hell is this ever going to be resolved?"

I love it when turning evil = redesigned costumes. In my mind there's a Black Lantern Gianni Versance out there somewhere doing all these neat new costumes and when they find him it will all stop because the zombies won't want to be seen rising from the grave in those tattered old rags.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thought of this.

No one has really mindfucked Hal, truly, mindfucked him(I haven't read issue 2 yet)what if:

Hal's dad came back, and said he wanted his jacket back, and he hates Hal for what he has done to this city, and even after he died, he became a pilot. Also, he could say he did feel fear when the plane was crashing.

Johns has been setting that up since Secret Origins, and I think it will truly screw with him.

Slightly ahead of the solicits, and I apologize, but HOLY SHIT.

2qtlv2q.jpg

BLACKEST NIGHT: WONDER WOMAN #1

Written by Greg Rucka

Art by Nicola Scott

Cover by Greg Horn

Variant cover by Ryan Sook

Fan-favorite writer Greg Rucka returns to chronicle the adventures of the Amazing Amazon in the DC Universe's darkest hour! Black Lantern Maxwell Lord has risen and he seeks revenge and retribution for his murder at the hands of Diana. Look for unexpected changes to await Wonder Woman in the course of this series as she plays a major role in the War of Light against the Blackest Night.

Can I just ask why he's got a rope around his neck? It's clearly not the lasso or even a representation of it because that's shown in the same picture, and its completely different.

I hate that a storyline I have such strong objections against (Max Lord being evil) will forever define so many other characters I like. I like even less that the story it was revealed in was genuinely really good so I can't hate on it too much. That Blue Beetle one shot is probably one of the most influential comics in DC storylines ever, especially considering that it revolved around B level characters.

I'm not really sure myself. The only thing I think it could be would be a noose, but I'm pretty sure he didn't die by hanging.

I don't think it's so much him being evil in BN, but more of a

Bitch, you killed me!

sort of thing. And I admittedly have never read the story, I only know of it and the major plot points.

Blackest Night IS awesome.

Read BL #3

BL Ronnie Raymond trapping the new Firestorm in his mind, then killing his girlfriend with a thought from his mind... holy fuck.

The Atom's analysis of the black rings was scary. If there's no chance the Black Lanterns can come back to life, then does that mean that this whole series is just a tease of bringing these characters back? I can't believe they'd do that.

The rings reviving all the villains in the JLA vault was cool. Can't wait for Max to go after Wonder Woman.

I'm reserving judgement on the Indigo Tribe. It seems like a classic Deus Ex Machina, that this all-seeing, incredibly powerful group just happens to show up and have the answer. I'm not buying that on face value.

I'm not looking at the Indigo Tribe as a total Deus Ex Machina. Yes, they are providing the set up for the downfall of the Black Lanterns but Johns isn't the type of person to give us the gun in the third issues unless it's smoking or pretty likely to break by the end of issue six. More likely than not, the DCU has come up with a plan B by the halfway point of issue 7.

Remember how I said that Alan Moore is so far up his own ass that I think he can see out of his mouth? He thinks Blackest Night signals the end of the Comic Book Industry.

I think he makes amazing stories, but I trust someone's opinion who worships a snake god about as much as someone who believes that a man in the sky will bring all the good fag-hating proper American people home before the world goes to shit.

Maybe I trust the snake god guy a little more...

Alan Moore is a good comic book writer and the industry is the better for it. That said, his over-inflated ego is only rivaled by his ability to take something very small and then over-inflate it into something huge then blame Marvel or DC for it. The guy has a rather venomous mouth and can't seem to ever have a nice thing to say. As for his quote about the industry having no original ideas, all Geoff Johns is doing to taking an eight page story you wrote that wasn't even that great and using it to craft a longer, richer narrative, much of which is original. By Moore's own logic, he's even more guilty for borrowing from other writer's and using their characters to craft League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

By Moore's own logic, he's even more guilty for borrowing from other writer's and using their characters to craft League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.

And Watchmen.

And Lost Girls.

And From Hell.

And Swamp Thing.

And Killing Joke.

And MiracleMan.

As a matter of fact, I can think of one original character Moore created that is worth a shit: John Constantine.