The Blackest Night

prez

Holy shit was Blackest Night #1 awesome. So fucking cool.

I was shocked they resurrected everyone at once. And I'm torn on the Hawkman/Hawkgirl stuff. I've really liked Carter Hall back in the DCU and now they've killed him again. And Kendra always annoyed me, so I'm cool with that death.

I just loved this and I"m really interested in where it's going from here.

And am I the only person who hated the first appearance of the Indigo Tribe in Tales of the Corps #1?

• Replies 485
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And am I the only person who hated the first appearance of the Indigo Tribe in Tales of the Corps #1?

I didn't mind it. Leaves a bit of mystery now that the Black Lanterns are here and it's pretty clear that they're being set up for something huge.

So, here's a theory. It was pretty much said in Final Crisis that Batman didn't die and the body that Clark brought out of Command Bunker D was someone else's. This means that whoever body it is is the owner of the skull that Black Hand is dragging around. Who's skull is this? Now, I hate to invoke Countdown, I loathe myself for invoking Countdown, but when Darkseid was killed in it, his head was pretty much intact. So, let's say that Mokkari and Mr. Simyan grabbed the body and tried to use it to reconstruct a new body for Darkseid. When that didn't work,they went with Dan Turpin. That said, Darkseid's body is excellent genetic material so in their attempt to create Batman Clones, they try to grow one off Darkseid's remains, perhaps dressed in the Batman costume as a mockery. It fails, rots, and Clark finds it, and assumes it's Bruce. Any DNA tests reveal it to be Bruce due to the tampering but it's still Darkseid's skull, filled with potency and death.

So I found out my local shop lost whatever thing it was written that I wanted GL & BN books so I may have to go to other places to try to find them or wait for reprints but I do want to know what is needed with Blackest Night? I want the main story of GL & BN but do I need any minis or corps books as well?

-Skyler

I just am constantly wondering as I read this stuff how many of this characters will actually be coming back for real after this event. Personally, I'd love it if J'onn came back and was recognized fully as being just a half-step behind Supes on the power scale.

Also, I'm really anxious to see more Black Lanterns in action. J'onn was perfect, and I'm just really psyched to see Aquaman and a few others.

Also, I don't know if I've ever been as disappointed in a big-time mini as I was in "Tales of the Corps." Only the last issue was worth reading, and that could've been a GLC issue years ago.

I just am constantly wondering as I read this stuff how many of this characters will actually be coming back for real after this event. Personally, I'd love it if J'onn came back and was recognized fully as being just a half-step behind Supes on the power scale.

I've always been convinced that J'onn is more powerful than Supes. Superman may be a little physically stronger and J'onn's weakness maybe a little more common but the telepathy and shape-shifting make it that much more a clinch in J'onn's corner.