Episode 95

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond starts the show with even more announcements and a cry for help before Darryll and a special guest reviewer steal the show with a discussion of Bram Stoker's Dracula. Then, it's the debut of Dying in the Gutters, a new horror comics segment. And what better to start with than the recent DC Comics Classics Library collection called The Roots of the Swamp Thing. It's another full show with lots of feedback and a few laughs to be had. Tunes included: "Vampire Hunters" by Wojciech Kilar, "Dracula" by Iced Earth, "Swamp Thing" by The Damned and "School's Out" by GWAR. Whoa! [ 1:26:18 || 39.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia...admedia_095.mp3

Great episode Des. The music and effects you used for the Dying In The Gutters segment set the mood really well.

Thanks Chris, I have Trent Reznor to thank for the tunes. We'll do something different for our segments.

I just want to re-iterate: Desmond Reddick is my bitch.

Keep me stocked with cigarrettes and bathtub moonshine and I'll be good.

Never thought I'd have a chance to share this anecdote, but then you went and did a Stoker episode.

When I was in junior high, I had to do a book report on Dracula. For reasons I forget, I never read it, and bullshit my way through the entire paper. Soon after, in the midst of grading papers, my teacher starting laughing uncontrollably and had to leave the room for a moment. When I got my graded paper returned to me, I understood why. Whilst it was amusing enough that I filled the paper with vague phrases about how the author "really has a grasp" of certain themes, and "holds onto you" with his narrative, the funny part was that I misspelled the author's name as Bram STROKER, and he was thus refered to as Stroker for the remainder of the report. I got a D for making my teacher laugh.

I wish I was making this up.

Dying in the Gutters needs to be its own podcast. Now, Reddick!

The idea is to keep people listening to DM, Michael. But thank you for the compliment. Also, you know of my upcoming schedule and the impossibilities of your suggestion!

And that "School's Out" cover by GWAR was awesome!

It was, wasn't it?