IGN's Top 100 Comic Book Villains

grahamvidger

i don't like Dark Phoenix in the top 10 but I think they got it right otherwise.

Des:

Scudder's Mirror Master has the power of (you guessed it!) controlling mirrors to create effects like hypnotism, invisibility, holograms, physical transformations, communications, and even travel to other dimensions. And, get this, he even used a mirror that allowed him to switch legs with the Flash. Mirror Master II, an Irish mercenary named Evan McCulloch, took on the identity after Scudder's death in the Crisis. He, too, used mirrors in fantastic ways to wreak havoc. He also possessed a mirror pack, which gave him the power of flight, and the ability to see 20 seconds into the future. His weapon of choice? A mirror-powered laser blaster. And an 8-ball...We forgot to mention that this villain is a cokehead. Yes, the irony of "Mirror" Master being a cokehead is lost on no one.

Really?

I didn't know I lived in Ireland.

I hate it when sites like these don't check facts that even I know!

Evan was born in Glasgow, and was created by Glaswegian Grant Morrison, Des I hope you caught this.

Magneto is number one because he's right. And that makes him scary.

Magneto is right, true, but I still feel Luthor trumps him. Here's a man who also has a very good argument (READ: Lex Luthor: Man of Steel), and has the power and money to back it. What's more, he used said power and money to become President of the United States. Because I can see that happening in the real world, I find that more frightening than a guy who can toss cars around.

Ha! I only looked at the top 10 to save my sanity on a list that usuallly sucks put together by people who don't knwo what they're talking about. Chalk the Irish thing up to Americanism and be happy he's on the list. I am.

Well, yeah, your right,wish he was higher though, you are right, the list does suck.

Luthor could be the president and he doesn't see himself as a villian, and if Superman didn't exsist, then Luthor would be a good guy, or atleast need to find a new hobby. Perhaps golf.

I've read up to 67 and I give up.

Magneto is number one because he's right. And that makes him scary.

Magneto is right, true, but I still feel Luthor trumps him. Here's a man who also has a very good argument (READ: Lex Luthor: Man of Steel), and has the power and money to back it. What's more, he used said power and money to become President of the United States. Because I can see that happening in the real world, I find that more frightening than a guy who can toss cars around.

Wouldn't be saying that if it was your car he was tossing around...

While I see Luthor as a great villain, the thing is, he's only Superman's villain. Without Superman, he'd be a cool guy. Without Xavier, the world would belong to Magneto. That's the difference.

Cause I gave up on the list can someone tell me where Deathstroke was listed?

Bet Bane was in the top twenty cause he broke Batman's back, and not because he was able to break Batman mentally, or has something the other batman rogues don't have morals (Everyone get Secret Six, Gail Simone is doing miracles with bane)

I checked the top 20 because I couldn't handle flipping through that many pages with morons like Violator and Fin Fang Foom.

Catwoman at number fucking 11?! Seems like a list made by a bunch of assholes.

Oh, and I HAD to know - Deathstroke is at (bullshit!) number 32.

Isn't Catwoman an anti-hero at this point?

And prez...take it back! Fin Fang Foom is not a moron. He is a badass mutherfucker of a dragon! But he's a gentleman badass motherfucker of a dragon. He wears shorts so his errant tallywacker doesn't knock buildings over that he doesn't want knocked over.

And prez...take it back! Fin Fang Foom is not a moron. He is a badass mutherfucker of a dragon! But he's a gentleman badass motherfucker of a dragon. He wears shorts so his errant tallywacker doesn't knock buildings over that he doesn't want knocked over.

Yeah, it's a no-brainer: Post of the Day! :bowdown:

Just so we're all clear: Des makes jokes about the smashing power of an alien-dragon's genitals. His son Cade is a misogynist who idolizes Adham Fisher. His other son Davin believes himself to be Gorilla Grodd. And Megan puts up with it all. Yeah, it's official: the Reddicks are the coolest family ever. (Also, Megan is a Saint.)

Just so we're all clear: Des makes jokes about the smashing power of an alien-dragon's genitals. His son Cade is a misogynist who idolizes Adham Fisher. His other son Davin believes himself to be Gorilla Grodd. And Megan puts up with it all. Yeah, it's official: the Reddicks are the coolest family ever. (Also, Megan is a Saint.)

That bit is TOTALLY sigged, dude.

Damn, I'm drinking after midnight again.....

I was really surprised with Magneto at number one, seeing as there are far better threats, even within the Marvel U, i.e. Victor VonDoom.

EDIT: Not to mention dudes like Luthor and Joker, who are both better 'Villians' than Magneto.

I like how Magneto and Galactus are considered Villains. Within recent past, Magneto has been an ally to the X-Men more often than not and Galactus is a cosmic force of nature. To say that he's evil for eating planets is to say that we're evil for eating Cheesebrugers (or veggie burgers. Any consumption is evil apparently.) As for the uses of Black Adam, Catwoman, Ozymandias, Bizarro, Talia al Guhl, Amanda Waller, Lucifer, General Ross, and The Shade, the first two are anti-heroes, Ozy is doing something wrong but to consider anyone a villain in Watchmen is to miss the point, Bizarro would have to have a good idea of what he was doing to be considered a villain, Talia is new to the villain thing and isn't even that much of one, Waller and Ross are people who are doing their jobs, usually in bad ways but always with something resembling good intentions, and Lucifer and The Shade are examples of not doing the research. Anyone who read Sandman and the Lucifer series knows that calling Lucifer a villain is missing much of the point. The Shade is too complex a character to just put in a box. And really, how can you do a list of the top 100 villains and completely forget to put Rainbow Rider or Crazy Quilt on there? Standards people! Standards!

Oh and Deathstroke is 32. Because the guy who can beat up the Justice League is a worse villain than The Kingpin.

Oh and Deathstroke is 32. Because the guy who can beat up the Justice League is a worse villain than The Kingpin.

Naturally. People in masks can't be trusted. With Kingpin, you know exactly what you're gonna get. He has a face right there. But when Slade takes off his mask, how can you be sure he'll be the same eye-patched psychotic we know and love/loathe? There's plastic surgery available everywhere now.

What if:

Deathstroke.jpg

minus the mask, really equals this:

155.jpg

Are you ready for that? Nay. I SAY NAY!!!!