Episode 326

RSS

I thought it was alright. Like I posted earlier, Andy Kubert's art was phenomenal. My biggest problem with it was that the tribute aspect seemed repetitive after Grant Morrison had done the same thing with his run prior to WHTTCC.

But Morrison's was actually a story and not a badly formed pastiche.

I thought it was alright. Like I posted earlier, Andy Kubert's art was phenomenal. My biggest problem with it was that the tribute aspect seemed repetitive after Grant Morrison had done the same thing with his run prior to WHTTCC.

But Morrison's was actually a story and not a badly formed pastiche.

This is the sound of D.W. holding his tongue.

I really liked what Gaiman did, but making an expensive hardcover out of it was definately a poor idea.

Also, welcome to the party Tom and Derrick.

Thank you...I have to go now and voicemail my wishes for your 100th episode, my friend.....

Huzzah!

And when I looked at the episode teaser, I was assuming that Mike's vitriol was towards the Batman book. I haven't even read the Spiderman series in question (obviously) but I laughed along with the mention of "The Arachnite TM" without even knowing why!

2, harsh.

I really feel like this wasn't a homage to the silver age, but a celebration of Batman in general. The point wasn't the "Death of Batman", but more about how the Batman legend has been reborn so many different ways. Look at it like every time a new artist or writer gets his hands on Batman, a new Batman is born. That's the central idea of the story, Batman has so many stories and interpretations, he's beyond just a comic character, he's made his way to Legendary status. Legends are told so many different ways, each one is like a new birth. This was simply the death of this particular Batman legend, and ends with a new legend being born.

Mrs. Wayne: "You don't get to go to heaven or hell. You get to be Batman."

Also, my response to Mikes take on Spider-man: :yes: