The Walking Dead

Koete

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God fucking damn it.

I mean, I'm going to keep watching, but right now I'm throwing all my toys out of the pram (and like every baby expecting them to be handed back to me). Walking dead just went from extraordinary human drama to run of the mill zombie story in the last ten minutes of that episode. Totally contrary to the spirit of the source material. Yes I'm being that douchbag who complains that they didn't stick to the comic, but I was fine with every change they made up until this. This was too much, these are supposed to be ordinary people surviving in extraordinary circumstances. Now all of a sudden five episodes in they have a secret underground scientist bunker? Fucking BULLSHIT.

To be fair, I think I have an idea of where they're actually going to go with the whole super secret scientist thing. And it's not going to be pleasant. At all.

My bet is it's going to be a setup for the Governor, and at best it's going to be awful human experimentation time and oh btw nothing actually does anything lulz you have no hope!

Also, there's actually only this episode and one more left in the original season order, which may be the reason for the sudden about-face. Yeah, AMC only ordered six eps for the first season. The hell?

Also, random observation: They did set up the CDC thing with Morgan and his son early on. And it's probably more as an end of season endgame, even though only having six eps, even if they wanted to make sure it would be a hit before they renewed.

AND STFU DARRYL. And Andrea kinda annoys me still.

<3 Glenn, though. And old guy whose name I can't remember.

Also, once-a-day radioing seems insufficient, really, unless it's an agreed-on-time. But that's just me.

Oh hey, so what did everyone think of episode 6?

Personally, I was sort of like "WTF?" but also "Hmm. This is okay by me."

I don't really care that they had a brief interlude at a science research institute. It's likely that the series is going to work toward a real end, unlike the comic, so I'm cool with them putting things like that in there.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally caught up, and I am loving this show! Is it perfect? No. I think the actress who plays Lori could do better, and Shane's storyline ramped up too quickly in the final two episodes. But overall, what they're doing here is a perfect example of an adaptation; they're taking what worked in the comic books, and are building off that.

Several times through I almost cried, especially when the Grimes were reunited.

I'm really loving Shane here, too. His outrage at Ed, his conflicted desire to help Rick but be with Lori, and his general pain are all very relatable. As I said before, though, they're rushing to the eventual Rick / Shane standoff, so what we saw in the fifth episode felt forced and almost out of nowhere.

I'm guessing what Dr. Jenner whispered to Rick will somehow lead to Rick's outburst from issue #24.

Oh, and you know Merle losing his hand...

will lead to him being the one to cut Rick's off.

I'm really loving Shane here, too. His outrage at Ed, his conflicted desire to help Rick but be with Lori, and his general pain are all very relatable. As I said before, though, they're rushing to the eventual Rick / Shane standoff, so what we saw in the fifth episode felt forced and almost out of nowhere.

The Shane/Rick standoff happened a lot quicker in the comic, though.

The Shane/Rick standoff happened a lot quicker in the comic, though.

Right, but (and this is from memory) the buildup felt more natural there.