Watchmen Director's Cut Watchalong

Venneh

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

There already seems to be a lot more Nixon and talking heads in this.

DOOMSDAY CLOCK!

Im already remembering how much of a close adaptation this was watching this... and so painfully brutal. If some crucial lines are misplaced.

Over the couch and through the window to our death we go...

CREDITS SEQUENCE <3.

Cop: Ooh, boobies.

I love how they've tied them in with the pop culture and all the appendices. The Last Dinner, the VDay kiss, the Kennedy assassination...

Hoshit Moscow.

And all da hippies getting shot up.

AND DAVID BOWIE! (and hinted bisexuality)

And now its blowy up riots time. KASPLODEY!

I remember this being a problem. Too much variety in volume.

And all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, "Save us!" And I'll whisper, "No."

JEH's Batman growl is kinda hard to understand at first, but, to some degree, fits.

Tonight, a Comedian died in New York. Someone knows why.

Huh. First real bit of difference that I can remember, besides changed TV footage. Rorschach getting seen by the police. Which seems careless.

And Hollis Mason continues to be awesome.

Most of the footage change seems to be little, subtle things that I would've appreciated seeing in the movie, really, but it can still live without it.

Snyder seems to be really heavy on the foreshadowing in some places (see: The Veitdt Hammer of EVIL), yet really subtle in others at first (Laurie and Silk Spectre I).

Also, they switched a lot of the important dialogue around to kind of make it more accessible, but... eh.

Bubastis plz?

He did a decent enough job to me. It's Ozymandias' actor I had an issue with.

...Twin Towers in background. This is not ominous at all, especially with this dialogue. :/

And Carla Gugino still manages to look as young as her daughter. Huh

I feel really sorry for the people who went into this not knowing what they were going to see, or who didn't have people to warn 'em. Especially with the rape scene, here. Because, really, for those who've gone through it... well, this scene is a TRIGGER. Fuck, it even makes my ovaries curl up in sympathy wathcing it.

...Why do I feel like singing "Memory" as I'm watching the funeral scene?

Gorezilla to "Flight of the Valkyries", whee!

God, though, I love the Comedian in here. Why, yes, I am so badass that I light my cigar with a flamethrower. Which I really shouldn't, as he's a goddamn bastard.

"You're turning into a goddamn flake. God help us all."

I feel really sorry for the people who went into this not knowing what they were going to see, or who didn't have people to warn 'em. Especially with the rape scene, here. Because, really, for those who've gone through it... well, this scene is a TRIGGER. Fuck, it even makes my ovaries curl up in sympathy wathcing it.

Comedian laughing makes it even more stomach twisting.

Hehe. "I'm Your Boogie Man" to the riots. Fits so well, as with most of the music choice here.

Huh. There seems to be a lot more homosexual/phobic references added in here. Which, most of it was in the film, but still. Homophobic, much?

"What happened to the American Dream? It came true! You're looking at it."

Behind you.

WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM.

Also, super slo-mo continues to be getting annoying. Really, really goddamn annoying. I know it's your trademark, Snyder, but plz, lay off.

Blake in Moloch's room. This scene really seemed to lose the impact without the "it's a joke, it's all a goddamn joke" line, and the "what's the joke? I DON'T GET IT"

Moloch's still a solid, powerful character, though, for such little screen time.

Ka-CANCER!

BERNIE and BERNIE! (And Walter). They don't seem to be tying in Tales of the Black Freighter, which I don't mind so much, but it does help.

Because walking into a side alley in NYC is such a brilliant idea. Laurie was so looking to beat the shit out of something.

OW BONE THROUGH ARM OW. And broken shin. And general pain.

Also, the easter eggs with Veidt are decent. And kind of reinforce the HEY HEY I'M EVIL.

Le gasp! It's a wig! And clearly I have been intentionally giving you all cancer.