Episode 103

RSS

In this episode of Dread Media, Desmond Reddick sits down for a long chat with Aaron S. Berman, author of The New Horror Handbook, about "New Horror." Then, Summer Knights keeps rolling on with the third film in the series, Ghost Galleon. Check out some feedback, enter the contest, and listen to some tunes: "Thirteen" by Danzig, "New Dark Ages" by Bad Religion, "Fish Out of Water" by Mudvayne, and "Don't You (Forget About Me)" by Life of Agony. RIP John Hughes. [ 1:29:48 || 41.3 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/podcasts/dreadmedia/episodes/dreadmedia_103.mp3

I tried at least a dozen times to get through The Ghost Galleon and found myself dozing off each and every time. Soooo slow. Definitely the worst of the series, though Night of the Seagulls isn't exactly a masterpiece itself.

At the very least, the horses come back in that one.

I tried at least a dozen times to get through The Ghost Galleon and found myself dozing off each and every time. Soooo slow. Definitely the worst of the series, though Night of the Seagulls isn't exactly a masterpiece itself.

At the very least, the horses come back in that one.

I think NOTS is slower, personally. But yeah, horses. Return has to be the worst still though. It's the most contrived of the bunch.

I tend to hate any iteration of a series that takes place on a boat or around the water, perhaps it's my underwater fear carrying over, I dunno.

Sequels in space, though, I'm cool with. In fact, Blind Dead in Space would be a license to print money.