New Hercules TV Series

I am a huge fan of Ancient Mythology, especially the Ancient Greek Myths(has anyone seen the History Channels "Clash of the Gods?"). I have been having great ideas for a new TV series based off the legendary hero Hercules. This series or mini movies would be more based on the actual myths(unlike the Kevin Sorbo series, which mixed and matched certain myths). It would be dark and center more in a reality based setting, instead of making it too fantasical.

Here's how it would be if made into a series

The pilot film would see Hercules born and growing up part man, part God, it would of course feature Hera's numerous attempts to kill Hercules as a child. The pilot would also show him as a drunk and family man who is driven crazy by Hera and killing his family. He would stand on trial for his sin and thus the series begins.

Each season would feature him accomplishing 2 of his 12 Labors with brand new adventures in between. I figure most series last at least 5 Seasons(to make the quota of 100 episodes)and this would allow for a good run, with the last episode being a 2 hour Series finale and his rise as a God

I have been watching and enjoying "Clash of The Gods". It's been keeping me satisfied until they bring back "The Deadliest Warrior" Actually, the Zeus episode was the one that gave me ideas for stories. We've been told the story of Hercules many times...why not a series about his daddy?

I have been watching and enjoying "Clash of The Gods". It's been keeping me satisfied until they bring back "The Deadliest Warrior" Actually, the Zeus episode was the one that gave me ideas for stories. We've been told the story of Hercules many times...why not a series about his daddy?

Zeus is a great character and much can be done with him, but Hercules for me has always been a better set of stories because with him there is more danger because he's half mortal. Although, learning more about Cronos, Rhea and the Titans would be fun.

Tomorrow "Clash of the Gods" is talking about Medusa....:)

But I'd love to see him try!

I've got an HBO miniseries based on the life of Prometheus in my head. Hint: it doesn't end well for him.

Didn't Prometheus get tied up by Hera as a punishment for Zeus? This caused the mortal world to lose their ability to heal themselves and fire from being made. At the end wasn't his inards eaten by a Vulture like bird?

You are all neglecting the greatest Greek god of all. The original speedster, the thief and Messenger, Hermes.

As much as I like Hermes, there's no god who can hold a candle to Zeus.

No, but Prometheus can steal that candle from him.

And look what happened to him.

I would, but Zeus blinded me for foretelling the future to men, and banished me to an island to be taunted by harpies until Jason and his Argonauts arrive.

For 50 points, who am I?

You are all neglecting the greatest Greek god of all. The original speedster, the thief and Messenger, Hermes.

I would, but Zeus blinded me for foretelling the future to men, and banished me to an island to be taunted by harpies until Jason and his Argonauts arrive.

For 50 points, who am I?

Tiresias (sic). You've also been turned into a woman at some point in your life.

For 50 points, who am I?

Tiresias (sic). You've also been turned into a woman at some point in your life.

ERRRR. I'm sorry the answer was Phineas, the blind king of Thrace and purported son of Poseidon.

Also Tiresias may have been blinded by Hera, accounts vary.

edit: to be fair in order to aid my admittedly sketchy memory I turned to the goddess wikipedia to aid me on this one.