Missy

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Production is ramping up, and they are testing actors.

Sources tell Variety that Kit Harington, Jack O’Connell and Miles Teller are in line to get test offers to read for the role of Richards while Saoirse Ronan, Kate Mara and Margot Robbie (sources now saying Robbie will not be testing) are being tested for Storm. Michael B. Jordan is the only actor currently being mentioned as a possibility to play Johnny Storm, aka the Human Torch, but that could change.

http://variety.com/2013/film/news/fantastic-four-3-1200708738/

In my opinion even though Saoirse Ronan is the best actress of her generation, she's way too young to be Sue. She's not even 20 yet. Kate Mara all the way. She's great in House of Cards.

There is a huge difference between the ages of the two woman going for Sue so I don't think they know yet how old she is supposed to be. Also, it's not really believable to have a scientist a year out of high school working on something so advanced unless they are making her a prodigy, which just makes the Reed relationship creepy.

The Reed/Sue relationship borders on creepy anyway. Early on, Reed and Ben were WWII vets, meaning in 1961 they were pushing 40, if not in their 40s. Reed's sideburns aren't grey because of whatever weirdness he has going on, they're grey because he's middle-aged. Meanwhile, Sue was about 20.

Of course, that's been downplayed, but these days moviegoers are pretty used to older male actors playing against much younger actresses.

Edited because Des makes an excellent point.

Edited by Dan

• 3 months later...

Idris Elba is awesome as anything. Plus it's about time there was a black superhero who wasn't Wesley Snipes.

What, are you not satisfied with Steel, Meteor Man, and Hancock?

I think Stavros made his feelings known about Hancock on one of our lists episodes. If memory serves, he's a big fan.

• 4 weeks later...

Why not go for Sue as a black actress, if they decided to make Johnny black? I mean, I get adoption, but actually going with Sue as black too would've been nice.

I'm not particularly on fire for this. This just seems like they're trying to get a movie done quickly as possible to keep the license.