Lobo

Koete

Directed by Guy Ritchie.

Guy Ritchie (Sherlock Holmes, Snatch) has signed on to direct a live-action adaptation of the DC Comics series Lobo for Warner Bros. Joel Silver, Akiva Goldsman and Andrew Rona will produce.

The character first appeared in June 1983, created by Roger Slifer and Keith Giffen, Lobo was an alien who works as an interstellar mercenary and bounty hunter. He later had a huge resurgence as an anti-hero biker in the 1990’s. Which incarnation will be featured in the big screen adaptation? Variety describes a film version which is closer to the incarnation popularized in the 1990’s: “a seven-foot tall, blue-skinned, indestructible and heavily muscled anti-hero who drives a pimped out motorcycle, lands on Earth in search of four fugitives who are bent on wreaking havoc,” and “teams with a small town teenaged girl to stop the creatures.”

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/09/02/guy-ritchie-to-direct-lobo/

They're aiming for PG-13.

This movie is going to be awesomely bad, bet Ritchie tries to get Statham to play Lobo.

Statham as Lobo? I would watch that. I would absolutely watch that.

With regards to fantasy casting, there are far worse choices than Statham. If he kept to the Crank-esque violence whilst joking around and dressed up as an alien biker, I could definitely get behind him as the lead. Just not Ritchie as the director.

This movie is going to be awesomely bad, bet Ritchie tries to get Statham to play Lobo.

Statham as Lobo? I would watch that. I would absolutely watch that.

With regards to fantasy casting, there are far worse choices than Statham. If he kept to the Crank-esque violence whilst joking around and dressed up as an alien biker, I could definitely get behind him as the lead. Just not Ritchie as the director.

I like the idea of having random west london gang film stereotypes in a big sci-fi comedy film. It's hardly outside what the comics would have done.

• 2 years later...