Jason David Frank to fight in UFC?

Missy

YES. GOD YES.

JDF is known among Power Rangers fans as the guy who they love because he's awesome, yet hate because he's a completely arrogant A-hole. If he either kicks the crap out of somebody or gets the crap kicked out of him, I'll be happy.

Basically, what I'm thinking.

When he fights, I'm going to find it, and redub it with one of the old MMPR songs, the one about the zords.

When he fights, I'm going to find it, and redub it with one of the old MMPR songs, the one about the zords.

Suave, this might be the song you're thinking of (though it has little to do with the Zords despite the song being entitles Zords.) Personally, I think

might be a better match but that's just me.

I'd be excited if it was Johnny Yong Bosch but I never cared all that much for Tommy. I really didn't care when he was pretty much kicked off the show and I only watched Dino Thunder for the slight continuity of seeing the character again. So, I'm only excited to see his face get kicked in by someone other than a foam rubber monster.

I meant the one with the lyircs "No one, can ever take them down, the power lies on their siiiiiiiiiiddddee.....go go power rangers!" still, good song you had.

I thought that Dino Thuder was the only good one after Zeo, true it was chessy as hell, and mediocre, but still better than Lightspeed rescue.

Random fact, but he was meant to be the lead guy in VR troopers, and the lead in that was meant to be the white Ranger.

I meant the one with the lyircs "No one, can ever take them down, the power lies on their siiiiiiiiiiddddee.....go go power rangers!" still, good song you had.

I thought that Dino Thuder was the only good one after Zeo, true it was chessy as hell, and mediocre, but still better than Lightspeed rescue.

DinoThunder was really fun (I actually named my first PC after Kira, the Yellow Dino Ranger); I liked Ninja Storm a lot as well.

This is the song you're talking about. It's the full version of the main theme.

My favorite version, though, is the one they did for the movie. It's the same song, but injected with more awesome.

My favorite version, though, is the one they did for the movie. It's the same song, but injected with more awesome.

Hell's yeah.

Actually, I'd say In Space is the best season if for no other reason that it has character development out the ass, the villains are more than campy or one dimensional, and, well, the entire Psycho Rangers arc was kinda awesome.

Hell's yeah.

Actually, I'd say In Space is the best season if for no other reason that it has character development out the ass, the villains are more than campy or one dimensional, and, well, the entire Psycho Rangers arc was kinda awesome.

The end was pretty dark.

But then they went off a cliff and made the shows after that too, kid friendly.

That's what has a lot of people worried. The world doesn't take wrestling seriously, so it isn't shocking when celebs get in the ring. But MMA is just becoming a recognized factor in the fighting world, so the last thing it needs is a washed-up star trying to jolt his career by fighting. Granted, Frank knows how to fight, so he wouldn't go in unprepared, but it still runs the risk of becoming a joke.

I mean, think about the backlash when Brock Lesnar joined the UFC; he still hasn't been accepted by the fans, many of whom see him as a "fake" wrestler. Now imagine the jokes and bitching when a freaking Power Ranger has a go as a fighter.

the last thing it needs is a washed-up star trying to jolt his career by fighting. Granted, Frank knows how to fight, so he wouldn't go in unprepared, but it still runs the risk of becoming a joke.

Actually, JDF has had a big career in martial arts since his PR days. He was inducted into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame in 2003. He's not a washed-up actor; he's a martial artist who also happened to be a minor actor.

In Space was definitely great. The finale was surprisingly dramatic.

Time Force was cool just because they brutally murdered the Red Ranger in the first episode (even though they revived him toward the end of the season). I mean, the main villain pulled bony metal blades out of his spine. O_o

And then Ninja Storm was really cool just because it was very self-referential and had a great sense of humor.

DinoThunder is a favorite of mine as well.

SPD is where I started to fall off the "new PR wave" wagon. It had some very cool moments, but felt like it was trying too hard.

the last thing it needs is a washed-up star trying to jolt his career by fighting. Granted, Frank knows how to fight, so he wouldn't go in unprepared, but it still runs the risk of becoming a joke.

Actually, JDF has had a big career in martial arts since his PR days. He was inducted into the World Karate Union Hall of Fame in 2003. He's not a washed-up actor; he's a martial artist who also happened to be a minor actor.

Though we know that, the outside world will only remember him as Tommy. Nothing more. Jumping into the octagon will only invite more criticism of MMA.

Very true, but it will take a long while. I mean, Brock Lesnar is an NCAA champion and the UFC Heavyweight Champion, but, as noted above, he's still getting shit from people because he wrestled in the WWE. That stigma is going to stick with him for years, just as being a Ranger will cast a shadow over Frank.

Very true, but it will take a long while. I mean, Brock Lesnar is an NCAA champion and the UFC Heavyweight Champion, but, as noted above, he's still getting shit from people because he wrestled in the WWE. That stigma is going to stick with him for years, just as being a Ranger will cast a shadow over Frank.

I still think it's awesome. I'll actually start watching MMA just because of this.

I'm 27 years and could remember Jason David Frank as one of my favorite Power Rangers(when the series was still good and Disney didn't have their grubby hands on the franchise)and if this is true I will definitely start watching UFC, hopefully he doesn't do the HIYAH!!!'S, lol

Anyway, here is my little Power Ranger geek coming out

Jason David Frank is the only cast member to be a Power Ranger through both eras of Power Rangers(Saban era and Disney era, although Adam did return as the Black Mighty Morphin Power Ranger in a 2 part Operation Overdrive episode).

He's the longest running Power Ranger, outlasting David Yost who comes in 2nd.

These are the colors he wore:

Green Mighty Morphin Power Ranger

White Tiger Power Ranger

Red Zeo Power Ranger (Zeo Ranger 5, Red)(he guest starred on an episode of Wild Force with 9 other ex Red Rangers)

Red Turbo Ranger I

Black Dino Ranger

In the Japanese Version of the Power Rangers, the Green Ranger died and came back a few times as a spirit(the White Ranger was a kid), since America has guidelines on killing heroes in kids TV shows(they knocked that out with Power Rangers Lost Galaxy)he was simply written out for a few episodes.

He was the original choice for Ryan on VR Troopers and did pretty well with his performance, but his popularity caused the Producer to reconsider him for that role and put him back in the Power Rangers

In one of David Yost's last episodes, the female VR Trooper guest starred as a Love interest after Kimberly broke up with him. She was obviously his co-star on the original VR Trooper pilot.

Did you mean he Adam was in Space as the black ranger again?

Anyway, this could be a stigma, or it could get morepeople talking about UFC in the short term, just to see him getting the shit knocked out of him.

It would be a short term win, but a long term lost.

Anyway, Lesnar and UFC are now using the fact that he was an ex-wrestler to their advantage, that being he can cut a dam fine heel promo.

• 4 months later...
FORMER POWER RANGER, JASON FRANK, WINS DEBUT

HOUSTON – It wasn't a perfect beginning for Jason David Frank, but it was a victory nonetheless.

Frank, a former cast member of the hit Power Rangers show in the 1990's, survived a brutal opening onslaught from opponent Jonathan Mack to score a first-round submission win in his mixed martial arts debut.

Mack landed several hard punches, including one that sent Frank crashing to the canvas. He allowed Frank to return to his feet before taking him back to the ground. Frank, who figured to be more of a technical striker than a submission artist in his debut, quickly pulled Mack into an omo plata for the submission win.

Frank moves his mixed martial arts record to 1-0 with the victory, while Mack drops to 0-1. Frank's debut will be televised on HDNet in the coming weeks.

Source

• 3 years later...