Ant-Man by Pixar

JackFetch

Guess he won't be Eric O'Grady.

I dunno, I think you can make a PG-13/12A superhero Pixar film with a funny yet untrustworthy hero. Beats the human vacuum of charisma that is Hank Pym, a man so dull they had to make him into a wifebeater to make anyone care. Irredeemable Ant-Man is a much funnier concept than the alternative, and you can probably tone down some of the more disturbing disfiguration and letching to make for a cool movie.

Many people disagree with me, but the type of animation Pixar does I do not like. I know they work harder on that stuff than anyone else in animation, but it's still doesn't seem that great to me. I feel like you don't actually need that great of animation to do a super hero movie. If this Ant-Man movie is made, I am sure it will be just as good as the other animated Marvel movies. But if this movie is made with a different animation style and it is PG-13 and more mature with a good storyline whether its based off of a specific comic or not, this could end up better than anything Marvel has done in animated work.

Sorry, graham, but that's absolute bullshit.

Pixar has more than proved that they can do a good superhero movie (The Incredibles), do good storytelling (pretty much any movie they've done), and take on a bit darker themes (attempted to some success in Wall-E; dystopia for the whee!). I'm confident in what they'll do with an animated Ant-Man movie.

Additionally, the only movie that I can think of off the top of my head that's PG-13 and animated is 9 (which I think comes out tomorrow?), and that's going to be done in that CG animated style. And, unfortunately, that CG style is pretty much all that the studios are putting out (except for Disney's return to 2D with the Princess and the Frog, and how successful it'll be is anyone's guess).

One thing I've always respected about Pixar is that their movies have been their own. They haven't directly adapted any existing books, comics or movies. I'd be a little saddened if they did an Ant Man movie. Not because they wouldn't do a good job (of course they would), but because it would be a departure from this. I really like that they're constantly creating new worlds, even if their stories do feel a little derivative at times.

And Graham, man, you're killing me. You've seen The Incredibles right? If it wasn't for The Dark Knight, it would easily be my favourite superhero movie.

One thing I've always respected about Pixar is that their movies have been their own. They haven't directly adapted any existing books, comics or movies. I'd be a little saddened if they did an Ant Man movie. Not because they wouldn't do a good job (of course they would), but because it would be a departure from this. I really like that they're constantly creating new worlds, even if their stories do feel a little derivative at times.

That's true, but at the same time, The Incredibles was essentially a Marvel/DC mashup. The main cast was extremely F4-derivative.

I'd love to see a new original Pixar film, but honestly I think I'd rather see a Marvel film that had the strength and power of Pixar's writing, directing, and animation.