Episode 339

RSS

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm half asleep, but a question for mike came to me as I was listening to the episode?

You'd mentioned in the past that you tried getting work at marvel or that you wanted to work for them..... would this still be something you'd want now that disney bought them out? I'm not saying that the buy out was a bad thing just wondering how MDS and Marvel/Disney would be lol

I hate to compare it to wrestling, but look how much WWE has stagnated without WCW. No good would come of a merger, at all.

But it could be a good comparison.

People make their names at DC, and when their contract is up, they can go over to Marvel for a better payday, and people have different things to play with, like WCW to WWE.

Yeah, a merger would mean the end of competition and would just leave both companys just not bothering to push the boundarys further and saying "Look we did, we won't your money to buy this special event." it is the biggest thing ever.

Listening to the podcast, I actually get all the Disney owned Channels and I can see programs getting produced on all of them. Examples of potential Marvel programs:

• Disney Channel: Franklin Richards, the adventures of a young Franklin, growing up with Super Parents. Based off the Franklin Richards comic book. Or, as people have said before, something is also to be said for a Scottie Young produced Wizard of Oz animated series.
  • Disney XD: Spectacular Spiderman is already airing here but maybe a Thor or a new Fantastic Four program as well.
  • ABC Family: New Mutants: A teenage coming of age drama about the next generation of X-Men at the Xavier Institute.
  • ABC: Lost is done after this season so maybe utilize either a Dr. Strange hour long drama, dust off that Alias pilot from a few years back, or even a Heroes For Hire film. In any case, Luke Cage could be used as a supporting or main character. Same for Jessica Jones.
  • Lifetime: Single Green Female Lawyer. You don't even need to call it She-Hulk. Basically, Jennifer Walters as a female Lawyer who used to do the super-heroics. Either that or a Ms. Marvel live-action show or use some of Marvel's model characters from the fifties.
  • ESPN: Promotional material. Pure and simple.