"9"

I'm surprised there hasn't been a topic or anything about this.

Saw it today. I really liked it. The plot is paper thin, but it's an original idea and I thought the whole thing was really charming. My favorite movie this summer, easily.

What is the genre for this movie exactly? I mean its animated and its a Tim Burton movie, and the animation looks like the Pixar stuff but better, so I thought it would be like a kids movie or something like PG or G, but its PG-13. The trailer looks cool. I might see this movie tonight. Its kind of cool how it came out on 9-9-09. Oh, and I too wonder why there never was a thread about this.

Dubs, was it worth going to see in theaters? I've seen a lot of previews for it, I might download it when it comes out on DVD, but it didn't look worth dropping the money, to me.

Also, the guy apparently did a shorter film of this for his student project, and then it got picked up by studios and turned into the longer version. I think a good part of it is in the movie itself?

It's a post apocalyptic fantasy. Ragdolls fighting machines, basically. The only reason it's PG-13 is because it's set in a world where all the humans have been killed by machines. There's also some violence and some very subtle adult jokes.

It certainly feels like a short film just made longer. Like I said, the plot is super simple and I really wish there was more to it. It's barely 90 minutes, and given the characters, there was a lot more they could have done.

It was charming though, and I was happy to pay to see it in the theaters just to support something so original.

• 1 month later...

It's a post apocalyptic fantasy. Ragdolls fighting machines, basically. The only reason it's PG-13 is because it's set in a world where all the humans have been killed by machines. There's also some violence and some very subtle adult jokes.

It certainly feels like a short film just made longer. Like I said, the plot is super simple and I really wish there was more to it. It's barely 90 minutes, and given the characters, there was a lot more they could have done.

It was charming though, and I was happy to pay to see it in the theaters just to support something so original.

Yeah that's about one of the only reasons to actually pay a theater fee for it though I'm afraid.

I found the movie was very erratic in the way it flowed. It would build up the suspense, more and more, and more. Then it just fizzled out and started building again.