Episode 64

RSS

Virgil travels to the past in an effort to save his mother's life ("Flashback"), then he meets an elderly superhero with powers very much like his own ("Blast from the Past"). Traveling through time once more, Static joins forces with the Terry McGinnis Batman in an effort to save his future self ("Future Shock"). She-Bang and Madelyn Spaulding return to Dakota, both to the annoyance of Static ("She-Back!"). And Anansi visits America, where he teams with Static to retrieve a priceless artifact that holds the key to his powers ("Out of Africa"). [ 1:46:04 || 48.7 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_064.mp3

picture4q.jpg

In the middle is not Cassandra Cain, its Annie from Gotham Knights. It goes Tim Drake, Annie, Dick Grayson, and Barbara Gordon.

Dude, that is so totally Cassandra. Annie actually had whites in her eyes, and her hair was brown. The girl in that pic has black hair (like Cassandra's) and she looks Asian (like Cassandra). Besides, it makes sense that it'd be Cassandra, because she's in that shot with the other Bat-children.

Dude, that is so totally Cassandra. Annie actually had whites in her eyes, and her hair was brown. The girl in that pic has black hair (like Cassandra's) and she looks Asian (like Cassandra). Besides, it makes sense that it'd be Cassandra, because she's in that shot with the other Bat-children.

Well there eyes weren't supposed to be animated well. I heard all over the internet that she is supposed to be Annie, but I never thought about her being Batgirl, I may be wrong about all this.

OnceFutureThing2.jpg

This Static is the one in JLU, and the reason why he has gray hair is because it is when he is 65 years old.

Whereas this Static is 55 years old:

picture5t.jpg

In "Future Shock", they clearly state that its 40 years into the future, and since present day Static is 15 years old, 40 years later would mean he has to be 55. And in "The Once And Future Thing", I believe they say its 50 years into the future, and in that episode Static says something about him 65 yeas old.

So the ten years between where the two episodes of the DCAU take place, was time that gave Static gray hair.

Either this is all true or it was the fucked up timeline in "The Once And future Thing" that made him look so different.

In "Future Shock", they clearly state that its 40 years into the future, and since present day Static is 15 years old, 40 years later would mean he has to be 55. And in "The Once And Future Thing", I believe they say its 50 years into the future, and in that episode Static says something about him 65 yeas old.

So the ten years between where the two episodes of the DCAU take place, was time that gave Static gray hair.

Either this is all true or it was the fucked up timeline in "The Once And future Thing" that made him look so different.

Um... I was under the impression that it was still only 41-42 years into the future. After all, Terry is still a skinny teenager, not the muscled man he becomes later in Epilogue.

It could be a costume retcon, much like how the batsuit in JL is different than the one seen in the batcave case in Batman Beyond. Also, the costume Static has in JLU is far more recognizable as Static than the Future Shock version. Maybe they didn't want to confuse viewers. 'Cause every time I look at the Future Shock version, I think "Hey, why is Black Jesus dressed like a purple Nazi?"

I just watched a little bit of the episode, and Batman (Terry) says they've traveled "about fifty years" into the future. Since it's dialog and not on-screen text, it could be claimed that Terry's knowledge of the past / JL history is wrong. He might think that the league was formed in, say 1994 and not 2004 (just as an example). Hence the extra 10 years.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I wantched Future Shock this morning and I don't think I remember seeing it before... it was ok... I kinda like young static without the jacket. However I like that costume overall better then the white shirt and then the pants.