Sign in to follow this  
Dread

The Original Comic Art thread

That it does.

Not to burst your bubble but I've had weird dealings with that guy before. But if you got it to the point of actually paying for the item, I'm sure you're fine.

This, my favorite comics page of all time featuring the short-lived creation of Steve Gerber in his first appearance, Mr. Graybar.This is the final page of Curtis Comics Haunt of Horror #1. And I loves it. It's by legendary 70s horror artist Vicente Alcazar.

0378_001.jpg

Alright, almost all of the rest of my collection is here (two more arrived in the mail yesterday but I haven't picked them up yet):

The full scan of the B&R page by Tan and Glapion:

br.jpg

A page from my favoriter single horror comic of all time, Journey Into Mystery Volume 2 #4 (not from the Colan Lovecraft adaptation but from the backup story by Win Mortimer):

jim4.jpg

This Colan page from Midnight Sons Unlimited #6 came with a vellum overlay. Here's the first without the vellum:

msu1.jpg

and with:

msu2.jpg

A Paradise X page by Braithwaite:

px.jpg

And three awesome pages by Javier Saltares from the Dark Horse Heroes book, X:

x0.jpg

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

Turns out I had a little more Christmas cash on the way than I thought, so unless it's taken, I'll have the Colan page I wanted.

I was just looking at buying one of those books!

Found a place that is reasonable on frames that sells the books too. That and other comics paraphernalia at Bags Unlimited.

scan0003.jpg

The free sketch of Sleeper's Holden Carver I got when I ordered Incognito direct from Sean Phillips. I'm honestly not sure if there is another character drawn by another man that I'd rather have had.

Sweet. Not bad for a free sketch at all. Some guys do ones so rudimentary you can't even tell a)it's the character and/or b)it's the artist.

Nice.

Still debating getting this.

Stavros, how big is it? Does he do it on the cover, or on a separate piece of paper.

Its on the inside cover, so it's about A4 sized. Have you read their stuff before? Do you have a character in mind?

I'm really awesomely happy with the finished product, this thing is the only comic I'm keeping in a protective cover on my shelf.