The Original Comic Art thread

Dread

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, my favorite comics page of all time featuring the short-lived creation of Steve Gerber in his first appearance, Mr. Graybar.This is the final page of Curtis Comics Haunt of Horror #1. And I loves it. It's by legendary 70s horror artist Vicente Alcazar.

0378_001.jpg

Alright, almost all of the rest of my collection is here (two more arrived in the mail yesterday but I haven't picked them up yet):

The full scan of the B&R page by Tan and Glapion:

br.jpg

A page from my favoriter single horror comic of all time, Journey Into Mystery Volume 2 #4 (not from the Colan Lovecraft adaptation but from the backup story by Win Mortimer):

jim4.jpg

This Colan page from Midnight Sons Unlimited #6 came with a vellum overlay. Here's the first without the vellum:

msu1.jpg

and with:

msu2.jpg

A Paradise X page by Braithwaite:

px.jpg

And three awesome pages by Javier Saltares from the Dark Horse Heroes book, X:

x0.jpg

x1.jpg

x2.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Still debating getting this.

Stavros, how big is it? Does he do it on the cover, or on a separate piece of paper.

Its on the inside cover, so it's about A4 sized. Have you read their stuff before? Do you have a character in mind?

I'm really awesomely happy with the finished product, this thing is the only comic I'm keeping in a protective cover on my shelf.