Episode 350

RSS

Puns, puns, and more puns! Campy acting! A useless new superhero! Three butchered supervillains! And the infamous credit card! Oh yes, it's Batman & Robin! Listen as James, Ian, and Mike celebrate the fourth anniversary of Earth-2.net: The Show by lamenting the murdering of the Batman movie franchise, cursing everyone involved with the picture, and suffering head trauma (again)! As an added bonus: singing! [ 3:14:27 || 89.3 MB ][

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_350.mp3

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want a "Batman Could Beat Jesus" t-shirt.

I'm just wondering how that battle would be set up. Why, for instance, would Jesus be leading a group of henchmen (disciple themed henchmen at that) into a Gotham bank to steal all the money? He'd be an entertaining villain for Batman to play off but it would be a stretch.

At one point during the episode Ian said, "Alfred's brother, Wilfred -- that's a popular name -- is also a butler."

Now, Ian, while we were recording I thought you were simply making fun of the name. But during the editing process I began to think it's a Doctor Who joke that initially went over my head. Were you getting at Donna grandfather when you said that?

At one point during the episode Ian said, "Alfred's brother, Wilfred -- that's a popular name -- is also a butler."

Now, Ian, while we were recording I thought you were simply making fun of the name. But during the editing process I began to think it's a Doctor Who joke that initially went over my head. Were you getting at Donna grandfather when you said that?

It was just mockery - I wasn't thinking of an aged Bernard Cribbins at that point in time.

And I agree that self defense is not the same as martial arts, nor does it explain her agility & composure when teaming with Robin.

Guest DCAUFan1051

... I did?

when you mentioned selina in Returns compared to ivy in this as far as getting their powers. You said catwoman fell and became street pizza. I remember joker in World's Finest saying that. Because the quote is "Go check to see if he's street pizza in this town some flying fool could have caught him"

... I did?

when you mentioned selina in Returns compared to ivy in this as far as getting their powers. You said catwoman fell and became street pizza. I remember joker in World's Finest saying that. Because the quote is "Go check to see if he's street pizza in this town some flying fool could have caught him"

Wow.

Ivy's post-crisis origin is pretty much exactly the same in the comics as in the movie: Wooddrue injects her with a bunch of toxins and she goes crazy.

Though I was unaware of Poison Ivy's comic book origin, it doesn't surprise me that her movie origin is similar. As I said during the show, it seemed like a very comic booky way for Pam to become Ivy, what with the wonky science.

Guest DCAUFan1051

great episode guys happy 4th anniversary E-2: TS... and mike I'm sure the street pizza thing wasn't meant as a "World's Finest" reference that's just what I read into it. I actually need to get Batman Begins on DVD again... didn't care for parts of it.

Finally finished this.

Mike's Highlight: A toss up between Batman fighting Jesus and the moistness of Poison Ivy.

James' Highlight: "What the fuck does that even mean? Do they fuck on miniature golf courses in front of 12 year olds?"

Ian's Highlight: The singing. My god, the singing.

Best episode of the year.