Episode 350

RSS

I think this will be the most controversial thing I have ever said on this forum, and will ever say.

Are you ready?

Are you sure?

Make sure there are no pointy objects near by.

Are they gone?

OK, well here we go.

Batman and Robin was my first introduction to anything comic related, made me a fan of batman and was one of my favorite movies until I was 11.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, the same goes for me. I was already a Superman fan because of the Lois & Clark TV series, but I really got into superheroes through the 1997 relaunch of Batman: The Animated Series, which was only made because WB wanted a show to accompany Batman and Robin. The entire B&R marketing scheme was pretty brilliant, really. I vividly remember spending hours on the 'net looking at pictures of all the movie's action figures.

Even today, B&R doesn't really bother me a whole lot just because I grew up with it and it's sort of ingrained into my psyche. I think it's boring as hell, but I don't exactly have a lot of negative feelings toward it. It does have the distinction of being the only Batman film that I will not watch of my own free will, however.

Having listened to all the other Batman movie podcasts I can't deny I was looking forward to hearing this one if only to hear the film get a verbal kicking and gentlemen you didn't disappoint. The relegation of Bane to dim witted henchman has always angered me as it's such a waste of an awesome villain.

Watched it a couple of weeks ago as it was on TV and there wasn't much else on and there are a few other things that bother me that didn't get a mention.

When Batman is telling Robin to pull back from the jump off the statue Batman is talking into a two way radio on his wrist but when Robin answers he's just shouting back at him.

When Poison Ivy makes her big entrance at the ball everyone is swaying like they are transfixed by her BEFORE she blows the whammy love dust at them and then the whole walk up to the stage is so choreographed. Did all those guys get together and just decide to pull those moves spontaneously?

Robin and Batgirl defeat Bane. ROBIN AND FUCKING BATGIRL DEFEAT BANE!

"I want to help Batman and Robin"

"I thought you might say that so I made something in your size. Remember when I wrote to you last month asking for your exact measurements and I got an angry phone call from your mother who threatened me with a restraining order? Well that was for this AND NOTHING ELSE."

All in all a great podcast and as James says Fuck this terrible movie.

Having listened to all the other Batman movie podcasts I can't deny I was looking forward to hearing this one if only to hear the film get a verbal kicking and gentlemen you didn't disappoint. The relegation of Bane to dim witted henchman has always angered me as it's such a waste of an awesome villain.

Watched it a couple of weeks ago as it was on TV and there wasn't much else on and there are a few other things that bother me that didn't get a mention.

When Batman is telling Robin to pull back from the jump off the statue Batman is talking into a two way radio on his wrist but when Robin answers he's just shouting back at him.

When Poison Ivy makes her big entrance at the ball everyone is swaying like they are transfixed by her BEFORE she blows the whammy love dust at them and then the whole walk up to the stage is so choreographed. Did all those guys get together and just decide to pull those moves spontaneously?

Robin and Batgirl defeat Bane. ROBIN AND FUCKING BATGIRL DEFEAT BANE!

"I want to help Batman and Robin"

"I thought you might say that so I made something in your size. Remember when I wrote to you last month asking for your exact measurements and I got an angry phone call from your mother who threatened me with a restraining order? Well that was for this AND NOTHING ELSE."

All in all a great podcast and as James says Fuck this terrible movie.

This is the second time I've listened to the episode, and again I found no singing! Did it get cut or do I keep skipping it?

• 2 years later...

Following on from my post in the Batman Forever review thread, I've found a Batman & Robin out-take which actually addresses the Alfred/Barbara relationship. Too clunky for the film, but still solves a major plothole:

MMM, I've never seen that but that certainly would've made the film slightly less BSy in logic.