Saw VII... in 3D

Missy

Despite the abysmal opening weekend of SAW VI, word has it that Saw VII and VIII are still slated for October 2010 and 2011 releases, respectively. It's also being said that the seventh fill will take advantage of the current 3D trend.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OH MY DEAR KITTEN JESUS GOD CHEESE ALL MIGHTY ON A FUCKING POGO STICK, what does it take to kill this franchise? So what, we get to see yet another person get their head torn off in 3-D? Maybe seven will be a lucky number and it'll be the killing blow. They have to be running out of ways to connect sequels to the first film by now. In the next one, it's revealed that Jigsaw's pet tortoise, Mr. Pinchy Flippers, has been setting up half the traps.

In the next one, it's revealed that Jigsaw's pet tortoise, Mr. Pinchy Flippers, has been setting up half the traps.

Somewhere in Hollywood, a word processor just opened.

To be honest, I'm surprised it took them this long.

Anyone noticing Saw is becoming this generations Halloween or F13th?

I mean, they churn out sequel after sequel, with the same villain, and pretty much the same plot, but they still make a profit, and are able to make enough to justify a sequel.

Before anyone says "But they were GOOD movies" well yes, some of them were, but look at Friday the 13th, 9 films, and two were actually any good. Halloween, first one was great, then they change things after the third, they then fall back on the Michael plot line.

Also, Saw has a cult fan base, who don't care about the flaws, a bit like fans of classic horror movies.

Maybe that's just me, maybe I just thought way too much into it.

At least half of the Friday the 13ths were good. And even then, those crappy 80s slasher movies didn't spend 90 minutes telling you how smart they were.

Hey! Saw doesn't spend 90 minutes telling you how smart it is.

It treats you like a tit for watching them for the first 89, and then the last minutes spent on the "Look how smart we are, play my music!" part.

It doesn't matter how bad the opening was. They are cheap to make, and turn huge profits.

Of the previous films this is true. However, this opening weekend is a bad sign for the series. Saw VI cost $11 million to make, and, yes, it's made its money back and almost $4 million more. But that said, excluding the first one, all of the other movies made their budgets back plus at least another $20 million in just the first weekend.

Will we see Saw VII next Halloween? Most likely. But I wouldn't be surprised if that's the last annual entry in the franchise.

At least half of the Friday the 13ths were good. And even then, those crappy 80s slasher movies didn't spend 90 minutes telling you how smart they were.

Hey! Saw doesn't spend 90 minutes telling you how smart it is.

It treats you like a tit for watching them for the first 89, and then the last minutes spent on the "Look how smart we are, play my music!" part.

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

• 2 months later...
Saw VII is getting released on the 22nd of October(Same day as Paranormal Activity 2). Damn, I was really hoping that the Fifth Anniversary Episode of Earth-2.net The Show would cover it (Since Episode one covered Saw 2.). Oh well, guess Mike isn't going to celebrate the anniversary of Earth-2's flagship podcast with hitting his head.

Saw VII is getting released on the 22nd of October(Same day as Paranormal Activity 2). Damn, I was really hoping that the Fifth Anniversary Episode of Earth-2.net The Show would cover it (Since Episode one covered Saw 2.). Oh well, guess Mike isn't going to celebrate the anniversary of Earth-2's flagship podcast with hitting his head.

<_< That's my birthday...Whooo... I know what movie I won't be seeing that night.

<_< That's my birthday...Whooo... I know what movie I won't be seeing that night.

Paranormal activity 2?

Well, he got caught being quite angry and venting online about it.

And he has every right to be. But... I have started wondering. When the lawyers called with the news, did they

as they told him:

Hello Mr. Director... Time to play a game, a game called payback. It is time for you to suffer as those that have watched your film have suffered. You thought you chose the safe path to a career, you didn't. Now you will know the meaning of pain, as you attempt to navigate your way out of this torturous trap called the making of Saw VII 3D.