Episode 65

RSS

Green Lantern seemingly goes rogue ("Fallen Hero"), light-sick Bang Babies attempt to blot out the sun ("Army of Darkness"), Edwin Alva tries one last time to save his boy ("No Man's an Island"), four NBA superstars join Static and Gear as superheroes ("Hoop Squad"), and a stalker preys on Daisy ("Now You See Him"). [ 1:44:43 || 48.1 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.worldsfinestpodcast.com/episodes/wfp_065.mp3

Guest DCAUFan1051

I actually had to stop listening so I could find the Fallen Hero episode... unfortunately I watched it on crappy youtube quality and the audio wasn't synced right. Static really needs to be on DVD! If we have fuckin Zeta we must have Static!

With Speedwarp (or Speedbump, towards the end),

Here's how his powers work. He can change the rate of time for himself and apparently can extend that to others. When sped up, his personal time is passing faster than that of the rest of the world. This gives him powers similar to those of a speedster, but with some slight differences. For example, he can speed up things he's trying to affect, so that they don't come apart at superspeed. Around Flash 132, Flash broke both legs (for a week). While in a wheelchair, he mentioned that he'd passed a Porsche that morning...until his rims melted.

How do I know? Cause Speedwarp is Zoom. The second Reverse Flash, Hunter Zolomon, was crippled by Grodd and asked Wally West to use the Cosmic Treadmill to go back in time and undo his accident. When Flash refused, Hunter tried to use the Treadmill himself, but it exploded, leaving him with the powers above. He was defeated the first time by...freezing him in slowed time.

Add to the fact that Speedbump wore a red suit, with a circular emblam on his chest and a cowl, while moving at superspeed...hmmm. I wonder what comics they were reading that day?

Did anyone else catch that Eddie's last name was Felson...as in "Fast Eddie" Felson from The Hustler?

I do have to say - first, congrats to Eddie on being the first DCAU villain to actually take off a hero's mask. Second, given the stalking scene at the end, and that he knew Virgil's identity, I think that "I know where you live" might actually have been a more effective, creepier threat than "I'll TELL THE WORLD! BWAH-HA-HA!"

Chris

Did anyone noticed that the episode of Army of Darkness's title was based on Evil Dead 3? In the same episode, Richie almost knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne, when Static said "How does Batman do this?" Static said he didn't know about Batman's identity just to fool him. In Future Shock, Gear/Richie is in the Batcave. How did he know where the Cave was? Virgil knew Batman was Bruce Wayne at the end of Tough as Nails, when Alfred and Bruce went to the hospital. Static first saw Alfred pull some thorns from him in the Cave.

In the same episode, Richie almost knew that Batman was Bruce Wayne, when Static said "How does Batman do this?" Static said he didn't know about Batman's identity just to fool him. In Future Shock, Gear/Richie is in the Batcave. How did he know where the Cave was? Virgil knew Batman was Bruce Wayne at the end of Tough as Nails, when Alfred and Bruce went to the hospital. Static first saw Alfred pull some thorns from him in the Cave.

Well "Future Shock" is after "A League Of Their Own", so Bats does know about Gear. And you could just say Batman got Richie into the cave like he did with Virgil when he got him out in "Hard As Nails". I think Batman found Richie so he could bring static back to the present day time, I don't think they called Richie and said that he should come over to the cave and fix Timecode's machine.