Modern Warfare 2

JackFetch

It comes out next week, and looks to become the best selling game of all time.

GameStop's VP of Marketing Tony Bartel didn't back down when asked about his claim last August that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 could be the highest selling game ever.

Speaking recently with IGN, Bartel again referred to the title's strong reservations that will make it a historic title for the Texas-based retail company.

"This will absolutely be the highest selling game in GameStop history," he noted. "We know that because our reservations are so strong on this game."

Bartel gave some perspective on the pre-order sales, too, saying the demand at its store alone is larger than the initial worldwide sales of Call of Duty: World at War.

"Just to put it in perspective, if you took all the Call of Duty: World at War titles that were sold in the first month worldwide, we have more reservations than that number just for GameStop this time around," he added.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/104/1041558p1.html

I don't think anyone will celebrate the eventual death of the first person shooter genre more than me, but the Call of Duty games are really well made. I'll probably grab one of the earlier ones when I get my 360 back.

Is COD 5 any good? Because after I played COD 4 Modern Warfare (awesome game), I didn't think that any other FPSs could be any better if they are in WW2 era. I am so glad COD Modern Warfare 2 is coming. And guess what, I haven't owned a 360 for like a year and half because I sold my old one, and now I am thinking about buying the one that is coming with the Modern Warfare 2.

COD World at War is a good game, but not as good as COD 4 was. I'm glad they are branching the Modern Warfare games into their own series. Modern Warfare 2 is not COD 6 in case anyone was wondering. Well, technically it is, but not really. I think only the Treyarch games will be numbered from now on.

COD World at War is a good game, but not as good as COD 4 was. I'm glad they are branching the Modern Warfare games into their own series. Modern Warfare 2 is not COD 6 in case anyone was wondering. Well, technically it is, but not really. I think only the Treyarch games will be numbered from now on.

I once heard someone explain it by saying that CoD is the American equivalent of the Final Fantasy series. You've got separate mini-franchises, each with their own sequels, under a single name.

They ramped up the action to a 1000 in this one, but I hate the new blood splatter effect when you get hit. It makes it to where you can't see when you are hurt, and I've died lots of times because I'm stumbling around trying to find cover or can't see where I'm driving.

I just played the mission that is going to set the news on fire. Holy shit I can't believe they did that. It's especially bad timing considering what happened last week.

Was it something akin to the Fort Hood massacre?

From what I've read, you play as an undercover guy in a terrorist cell that's gone into an airport and started shooting things. You don't actually have to kill anyone, but it's a completely available option.

But that's just what the interwebs say. Others who've actually played the game can give you better info.

"In just five days of sell-through, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has become the largest entertainment launch in history and a pop culture phenomenon," declares Activision CEO Bobby Kotick today.

According to the company, the title has earned an estimated $550 million in its first five days. This is a launch figure that not only beats Grand Theft Auto IV's previous video game record, but also tops worldwide and domestic box office records -- held by Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and The Dark Knight, respectively.

Activision also points out the effect Modern Warfare 2's launch has had on Xbox Live, citing Microsoft stats that show more than 5.2 million multiplayer hours logged on the game just on its first day.

In addition, more than 2.2 million unique Xbox Live users played the game on November 10th, a new single-day record for the service. The avid launch-day players unlocked over 11 million Xbox 360-specific Achievements among them.

"The title's success redefines entertainment as millions of consumers have chosen to play Modern Warfare 2 at unprecedented levels rather than engage in other forms of media," says Kotick.

As a cap to the triumphant announcement, Activision is quick to note it "remains cautious" about the current economy both domestically and globally, and points out that consumer spending remains a "significant concern."

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=26135&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+GamasutraNews+%28Gamasutra+News%29

The online is better than anything else I've played on a console. The single player is crap, and feels like a Micheal Bay movie.

20 hours after the game was launched I was put in a match with a guy level 52. WTF

• 1 month later...

I'm so fucking addicted to this game. Its kind of annoying because I'm stuck at the part where you

are behind Russian lines again (snowy place), and then you have to protect that computer in the house, there is a checkpoint there and like a million guys come and attack you, i can't beat it.

Recently I have just been playing Live, i just started Live, I am at level 18. Say, how do people put their whole gamertag/xbox live profile stuff on their signatures?

Recently I have just been playing Live, i just started Live, I am at level 18. Say, how do people put their whole gamertag/xbox live profile stuff on their signatures?

What are you talking about?

He means the mygamertag thing you have on your signature, with your gamertag.

Ah, that. Go to http://mygamercard.net and you can create one that keeps up-to-the-minute tabs on your most recently played games and gamerscore.