Lois & Clark The New Adventures of Superman

Guest TFG1Mike

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

So far it's holding up my memory of it, still in Season 2.

Dan: It's funny I might be the only one who likes them together in this show. Granted the romantic tension was better, but it's just funny when Lois is in on the the secret I think. When watching the special features Debra Joy LeVine stated that she wanted to wait until Season 5 to get Lois & Clark together. Apparently she left the show at one point and obviously there was no Season 5.

While I admit there are some very corny episodes in Season 4 I think overall it's not the worst Superman show ever.

Dan: It's funny I might be the only one who likes them together in this show. Granted the romantic tension was better, but it's just funny when Lois is in on the the secret I think. When watching the special features Debra Joy LeVine stated that she wanted to wait until Season 5 to get Lois & Clark together. Apparently she left the show at one point and obviously there was no Season 5.

While I admit there are some very corny episodes in Season 4 I think overall it's not the worst Superman show ever.

......Then what is?

Superman IV doesn't count as it was a film.

Guest DCAUFan1051

......Then what is?

Superman IV doesn't count as it was a film.

while that's true Suave.... I'd say the puppy version of superman would be the worst... actors with giant dog heads gimmie a break.

Guest DCAUFan1051

meh...

just watched the first time travel episode with tempest and HG Wells.... I like how they twisted the origin slightly. However going that route then un doing it pisses me off.

I agree with Dan. I love the series for the most part until they get married. I will say that when I went back and watched the series it didn't hold up all that well. I forgot all the horrible story lines that I did not care for (clones, amnesia, 'New Krypton'). But I did forget the awesomeness that is Tempus. Dean Cain is 'my' Superman due to being my 1st exposure to the character.

I am kinda glad that the series ended when it did. If marriage ruined the show, then I would hate how the 'cliffhanger' would have driven the show.

Guest DCAUFan1051

Finished With Season 2. There are three special features with this set.

#1 Commentary on Episode Seasons Greetings by Dean Cain who wrote and directed the episode

#2 Lois & Clark Secrets Of Season 2

#3 Marketing Metropolis The Fans Of Lois & Clark.

Overall I thought this was a great follow up Season. They do both continuing and one shot stories. So far this show is as I remembered it. And I think for the time that it was on it was a very good Superman show. What I find with Superman on TV is that it depends on what show was "your" show. Now other people might find all the flaws in this show, but I think because I was a fan of it then and still am now. I can look past most of them. Granted there are some things within in it that are VERY farfetched.

Well onto Season 3............

Guest DCAUFan1051

I work from home lol.... I'm a apartment site manager. I'm home alot lol Plus I love this show! And yes I watched both Season 1 and 2 all together without skipping an episode.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I work from home lol.... I'm a apartment site manager. I'm home alot lol Plus I love this show! And yes I watched both Season 1 and 2 all together without skipping an episode.

Well hey, that sounds great! Good for you!

One day, when I'm a world-famous novelist, I hope to be able to do the same. :D

good luck with that novelist thing... I have three books of poetry published and I'm not famous.

Oh and by the way as far as season 2 I love it how in 1 episode Perry and Jimmy break the 4th wall. They say instead of worrying about lois and clark they could have their own lives. Because all they're there for is to further lois and clark's plots.... I found that very funny.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I'm up to the episode called "Contact" I believe this is where the Lois clone that eats frogs comes in. I'll pick it up there tomorrow.

As far as the short haired Teri Hatcher as Lois well it's ok. Dunno why it happened though. Maybe they were going for a different model on Lois from the comics?

I remember for some odd reason this show and Brisco County Jr with fondness from my early teen years. I think Lois & Clark because it was the first superman entity anywhere since the films at that time.

I think there was a Superman animated series and a live-action Superboy series in there.

Yeah, actually, Lois & Clark was my first-ever introduction to superheroes. It's cheesy, but somehow still great at the same time.

I really love the Superman costume in the show: dark shimmering blue, a bright red cape, and a giant symbol. I feel like that's the way that the Superman Returns costume should have gone. (but that's another thread)

That's one of the problems I had with the "Superman Returns" costume: the damn S-shield was too damn small! The thing should cover Superman's whole chest. Then again, Brandon Routh didn't have all that much of a chest, did he?

And I agree with you about Dean Cain's costume.

Guest DCAUFan1051

On the special feature Secrets of Season 2 Dean Cain says that he portrayed Superman after Christopher Reeve's performance. As far as Clark he said he basically just went with what the writers wrote. However he did put some input into the role.

Guest DCAUFan1051

ugh the larry smiley episode is on now... I never liked this one very much.

Now on the episode "Don't Tug On Superman's Cape" the intro to this is very funny. It has them in a i love lucy skit.

Then again, Brandon Routh didn't have all that much of a chest, did he?

Well, the problem is that he's just proportioned too vertically. He's really tall, but not as wide as Superman logically should be.

(Then again, the same could be said for Christopher Reeve)

How tall was Reeve? 6 feet, 6' 2"? Something like that. But it strikes me that he had a wider chest than Routh. I guess we'd have to put a picture of them side by side to confirm. But they still could have made the S-shield larger.

Guest DCAUFan1051

the Season 3 episode "Home Is Where The Hurt Is" started the trend of having a shooting star turn into the S Shield before the beginning of each episode.I was wondering where this atarted. Now I know. I liked them adding this effect.

Guest DCAUFan1051

OK I'm really getting into this show. However a lot of the Season 3 episodes I thought originally was Season 4. Like "Never On Sunday" where Cress Williams plays Baron Sunday. It's a good thing I'm going back and watching these so I get the facts straight. So as of this moment I just put in Disc 4 of Season 3. And the only thing I remember about S4 is that they are married, kinda sorta. I forget if it was the end of S3 or beginning of S4 where the frog eating clone comes in.