Resident Evil: Afterlife

JackFetch

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Everyone says this is crap, but I have a soft spot for the fact that this series introduced me to zombie movies.

I actually really like the first one.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just realized it has Wesker in it. Might see it just for my favorite character in the series.

Yes, I know something is wrong with me for liking Wesker, okay? It's complicated.

Not really. In a dozen games' worth of story, he's been the only interesting character.

Good god, I watched the trailer and my brain vomited. I once had to sit through the first two in a row, which means it started out promising and then went to shit. To be honest I'd be intrigued to see Extinction and Afterlife, since my tolerance for shit films has gone way up recently, but I still don't think this series merited all these sequels.

• 2 weeks later...
Screen Gems' Resident Evil: Afterlife dominated the box office this weekend, earning an estimated $27.7 million from 3,203 theaters domestically and another $45.5 million in 35 international markets for a worldwide total of $73.2 million. Made for $60 million, the Paul W.S. Anderson sequel stars Milla Jovovich, Ali Larter, Kim Coates, Shawn Roberts, Sergio Peris-Mencheta, Spencer Locke, Boris Kodjoe, Wentworth Miller and Sienna Guillory.

The $27.7 million opening marked the best of the franchise, topping 2007's Resident Evil: Extinction ($23.7 million). The third film finished with $51 million domestically and $97 million overseas for a worldwide total of $147.7 million.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=69730

Wow. I was not expecting it to make that much. Goes to show what you can do when there isn't anything else worth seeing.